Orb of Thraini A2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Orb of Thraini A2
Apprentice
Member # 6956
Profile #0
Hi, cant find the orb, hope it didnt look like amber and I sold it.

Can anyone tell me where it is or was, I have been in Erikas tower so Im quite far along, should have had it by now I think
Apprentice
Member # 8093
Profile #1
The Orb of Thraini is in Empire hands. You're looking for a place where the Empire has a lot of research going on, or are just trying to hide something.

If you've played A1, try looking where you found it before. If not, Go past Fort Remote.

Sorry if this is too cryptic. I don't like giving the answers right out. Thinking is a part of this game, after all. :)

--------------------
"Hi, I'm Spider!"- The funniest, most insane part of all Avernum/Exile. Kudos to Vogel.

RIP Mortax. I will always remember you.

Always looking for a scenario to take a look at. A pretty good player who is looking to become a game reviewer. More than happy to help out designers with some player reaction, if they want it.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
The full answer is that the Orb is in SPOILER, which is SPOILER.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 8093
Profile #3
Yes, that way works too. I was only trying to help him without the walkthrough based on what the gamer should already know. In a way, it helps the gaming experience.

[ Thursday, February 15, 2007 10:28: Message edited by: Aurabolt ]

--------------------
"Hi, I'm Spider!"- The funniest, most insane part of all Avernum/Exile. Kudos to Vogel.

Always looking for a scenario to take a look at. A pretty good player who is looking to become a game reviewer. More than happy to help out designers with some player reaction, if they want it.
Apprentice
Member # 6956
Profile #4
Sorry didnt help, its being over 60 and a bad memory I suffer from
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #5
Is your problem with finding Fort Kothtar, or figuring out what to do there? If it's the latter, try Schrodinger's walkthrough: http://www.geocities.com/zeviz1/ch4.html#kothtar

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
If I remember correctly you can't sell the Orb, but it takes up an inventory slot. That's one advantage of Exile series in placing it as a special item.
Apprentice
Member # 8093
Profile #7
It's looks different from Amber this time though. Looks like a Ruby.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #8
Hallo Readhead,

I am also over 60 and have a bad memory. For that reason i wrote a
walkthrough for Avernum 1.

:( [EDIT: sorry not only am I forgetful, I do not read the posts properly. I told you about the walkthrough for A1 and you asked about A2. My walkthrough for A2 has only reached the end of the Dark Waters!]

[ Friday, February 16, 2007 05:50: Message edited by: Catweasle ]

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs
Apprentice
Member # 6956
Profile #9
Hi, thanks all of you. Found the orb at last, but now I am really stuck. Just killed the avanti and went through the portal. Totally out of magic and herbs and now stuck with the trap doors. Is there any way out of here when you are running on empty? I hope so would hate to have to do it all again.
Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #10
I do not quite understand where you are. Are you still in Kothtar?

There is only one portal here. It gets you out of the "Very Ancient Crypt" after killing some hraiths and vahnavoi. The portal brings you back near the Pillar Hall where there is only one way out: up to the Trapdoor Hall. This is probably where you mean.

There is a secrt door in the NE. Then go west and walk through a wall. There is a way through the maze of doors with only lock picking skill of 10. After that you come back to the Four Way Pit and it should be fairly easy to get out of Kothtar. You still need to be careful on the way back to Fort Remote because you could get ambushed by mutant giants.

The moral is save often and occasionally with a different name, so that you can go a bit further back.

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs