A1 ending

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A1 ending
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #0
What happened when the adventures killed Hawthorne?
Where did they end up?

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Warrior
Member # 5186
Profile Homepage #1
They disappear or something. Don't quote me on that. It could be totally wrong.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
Dikiyoba thought they found a tunnel back to the surface and vanished.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #3
In-game, you either get stuck in the castle and get killed by a swarm of guards (if you didn't get all five brooches) or Erika teleports you to safety. I don't think anything is said for sure in later games (beyond the fact that they disappeared), though it is implied that the heroes went up to the surface -- which makes sense, given that they successfully found and navigated the last remaining exit from the caves.

[ Saturday, February 03, 2007 14:09: Message edited by: @ ]

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by @:

you either get stuck in the castle and get killed by a swarm of guards (if you didn't get all five brooches)
Really? Wow... makes me thankful for my tendency towards thorough play-throughs.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Well, you need at least four brooches to get to Hawthorne at all, and Erika warns you it might not be the best idea to go in without all five.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
There is some mentions in A3 about both sets of adventurers having missions, but nothing definite.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #7
No, only the E2 heroes. Here's the mention -- it's Solberg:

"True enough. I was one of the first wizards here. I fought in the first war against Grah-Hoth. I helped build the Tower of Magi. I had the honor of assisting the adventurers who destroyed Grah-Hoth once and for all."

"Then I had the further honor of assisting the adventurers who contacted the vahnatai and helped us win the war against the Empire. I have had a hard life in Avernum, but at least it was full of achievement."

"The first group? Nobody knows. They disappeared. Some think that they eventually found an escape route to the surface, though I have my doubts."

"The second group? They are in Avernum still, helping repair the damage from the Avernum war and working to build relations with the vahnatai."

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 8088
Profile Homepage #8
But where can i get the fift brooch?

I'v got the Ivory-, platinum-, pearl- and chalcedony brooch, but not the last one. Where is it?

--------------------
They can't kill the Messiah.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #9
The remaining one is the malachite brooch. You get it from the friendly spiders (near Fort Draco) if you help them rescue their friend.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4