Patrick's Basement

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Patrick's Basement
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #0
Has anybody killed all those Demons etc there?

I just grabbed Demonslayer and started running for the sake of my life.
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #1
of course. its really no problem if you

a) have other demonslaying-stuff, like bolts of life (/light)
b) are a fighter-priest with divine warrior and stuff
c) have repel spirit lvl 3

and you should kill them! if you cant, youre not yet worthy of carrying the sword!

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Apprentice
Member # 7246
Profile Homepage #2
Yes I have. It all depends on your level and who you send in. If you want to get the Demonslayer at the earliest opportunity, you may not be able to kill them. You could however go back later and do them in.

Do not forget to look around the entrance chamber to the portal. There is some nice treasure there.

Although I am not very far through my walkthrough for A2, I have written a bit about the entrance chamber under Patrick's Tower .

--------------------
My Avernum Walkthroughs
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #3
I will go back there after I have finished Empire Portal. Just need to buy bunch of unshackling crystals, energy elixir (already have bunch of them) and hastes etc. I have lotsa of bolts of life+light but no Archer-skills.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
Wasting your demon-killing arsenal on the demons there might be a mistake. It's quite possible to kill them without it and you may wish you had more bolts later when you're facing Garzahd.

—Alorael, who would recommend training at least one archer for that very fight unless you really, really like Repel Spirit.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #5
if you can do the empire portal quest, you can do this one.
just get repel spirit lvl 3.
and garzahd really isnt that much a mastermage. 20 bolts and hes done.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #6
Like I said I have no archer in my group.

All experience is needed since Empires Patrols seems to be all dead (haven't seen any forawhile if that Patrol near those caves which leads to Empire Portal ain't counted).

My Mage/Priests have Rebel Spirit 3 and only some lvl 3 spells are missing cause those I get in the end.

I don't say anything about Garzahd cause I have only seen his projection but guide says that Limoncelli is tough but he wasn't that tough (could be also that I play on normal difficulty (causes enough blood pressure rising)).
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #7
well, make an archer. doesnt cost much.
and ive been repeating this too often already, but if you have the spell, go use it!!
as for limoncelli, i stored him in my soul crystal and used him against garzahd. 2 of him lasted about 1,5 rounds.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
I usually send in a mage priest with some potions. Haste and repel spirit at level 3 will take care of most of them. It helps to buff with haste and bless before you grab demonslayer. At worst there is always demonslayer at the end. I think you can send in other party members after the first one dies if you don't mind raising the first attempt.