Great barrier

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Great barrier
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #0
how the heck are you supposed to get in the portal through monkeying around with mirrors and lasers. also is any easy ways to kill the doomguard easily in avernum {with four party members}? and DO NOT tell me to run over, shatter the crystal and run back, because last time I tried, I had at least 345 splits to kill.

--------------------
Don't be a noob, PLAY RUNESCAPE
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #1
I may be able to help. If only I knew which Avernum ur talking about?
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #2
I'm guessing that you've done this in Exile but not Avernum, right?

I can't tell you how to align the mirrors, but I can provide you with a link to a site for helpful walkthroughs.

As for the doomguard, I suggest that you run up, shatter the crystal, and then run away. Don't stick around to kill the Doomguard copies, just let all three groups kill each other.

If you really want to defeat the Doomguard, do this: haste, bless, and shield your strongest character, and then have them hit the original Doomguard over and over. Don't have mages or archers attack the Doomguard or its copies.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #3
yeah, it's a3. I'm glad you had that second suggestion because the first is no help. {se first post}

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 7148
Profile #4
If you can get your hands on a heroic brew or two, use them on your main fighter(s). They're nice, albeit expensive, ways of getting your damage close to the cap.

Also, for splitting enemies, what works for me is picking the copies off one by one, killing off the ones with the lowest health.

Just wait until you get to the Abyss Slimes if you go after a certain crossbow. I think I actually swore at one because the last remaining copy killed my singleton.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
The trick with Doomguards is that you generally have one character who can do more damage than any other character. Bless, haste, and shield that character and have it attack. Don't let anyone else get close to the Doomguard. Kill the weakest copies first, and if damage is a problem try to keep your character against a wall so fewer Doomguards can attack simultaneously.

—Alorael, who usually goes with the running away strategy. Go into combat mode as soon as you get onto the right level and have only one hasted character approach the crystal. As soon as you've smashed it, start running. You can beat the Doomguard to the exit if you have only one character fleeing.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #6
If you didn't turn off the Charcter Editor use it to boost all your skills so you never have to train and you can now kill anything with 1 or 2 shots. Also if you have the A3 hintbook it tells you exactly what to do> I'm sorry but you will have to fool around with the mirriors.
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #7
If you didn't turn off the Charcter Editor use it to boost all your skills so you never have to train and you can now kill anything with 1 or 2 shots. Also if you have the A3 hintbook it tells you exactly what to do. I'm sorry but you will have to fool around with the mirriors.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by ginger8445:

If you didn't turn off the Charcter Editor use it to boost all your skills so you never have to train and you can now kill anything with 1 or 2 shots. Also if you have the A3 hintbook it tells you exactly what to do. I'm sorry but you will have to fool around with the mirriors.
This is probably the weakest suggestion I've ever seen. You have troubles, just cheat your way out! Who cares about enjoying the thrill of winning combat and solving puzzles legitimately?

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by *i:

quote:
Originally written by ginger8445:

This is probably the weakest suggestion I've ever seen. You have troubles, just cheat your way out! Who cares about enjoying the thrill of winning combat and solving puzzles legitimately?

I must say, I kind of agree with Stareye. I do think some games/scenarios can be more enjoyable if you cheat (EDIT : although perhaps not to the extent Ginger 8445 suggested), but I don't think Avernum 3 (which by the way is IMO the easiest of all the Avernum games) is one of them. On the other hand, there are some people out there who mostly play RPGs for the story and the puzzles, and thus they will cheat to get past the combat (or impatient people who will only finish a game legitimately after first finishing it with cheats).

[ Sunday, June 25, 2006 07:07: Message edited by: The Lurker ]
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #10
EDIT : Ack, wrong button again.

[ Sunday, June 25, 2006 07:05: Message edited by: The Lurker ]
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #11
I don't use the character editer at all. I never fell like I actuly beat the game if I beat it by cheating.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #12
Doomguards are nastier in Avernum than Exile where they can barely hit you. Keep the number of copies low because they will start advancing on the weaker party members. It just takes time and positioning yourself so you have something at your back.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #13
That was true to a certain extent in A1 - but I have a feeling their attack may be weaker in A3 [maybe not absolutely, but relative to the rest of the game]. In any event I usually have enough shielding spells, armour, dexterity and endurance to made Doomguard attacks insignificant (<5% of total health each time, if they hit at all). They're still a pretty annoying monster though, what with the endless copies.

[ Monday, June 26, 2006 10:22: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #14
I found him easy, he only lived to split twice. But the, slith with 12 pole weapon skill and the giantslayer while hasted blessed and shielded, is deadly.

--------------------