Closing doors

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Closing doors
Apprentice
Member # 5923
Profile #0
Am trying A2. Can open and unlock doors but can't close them. What is the trick? Thanks
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
Dikiyoba thinks that looking at the doors will do the trick.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Move next to the door and click on it should work.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
Why would you want to close doors - surely you're not planning to [sharp intake of breath] steal stuff from the poor folks of Avernum? ;) If there's a legitimate reason do tell.

To amplify previous responses, you need to stand near the door, click on the "look" button and then click on the door itself. Or, if you are using Windows, you can just right click on it.

Edit: MORE typos...

[ Sunday, May 21, 2006 22:31: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
In later games, it's useful for blocking off monsters who then can't get through the door. In A2, I think they can still open doors, though.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Yes, I remember monsters in A2 opening doors. But they don't always open doors, so sometimes closing the door is an effective strategy. If nothing else, it can be used to buy time.

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #6
Closing the doors doesn't just slow them down; it also gives you warning. When you hear a door opening sound and you know that you didn't just open a door it's harder for the monsters to take you by surprise. I found this very useful in towns that spawn more wandering monsters.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"