What exactly are slith avatars?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What exactly are slith avatars?
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #25
Question on D&D was no doubts an absurd one. But the answer... Enough to say, I've put that question not expecting any answer. Thanks for replying, though. :)
Next life I'd prefer to be a slith to have a mere opportunity to become a mighty avatar ina "afterlife", then to be a Vahnatai and become a Crystal for any achievements at the end.
Still I know I'll be an oak tree. Too dumb, I guess.

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai
"If the mask under mask to SE of mask to the left of mask and to the right of me is the mask below the mask to the right of mask to the right of mask below me is the same, then who am I?"

radix: +2 nicothodes: +1 salmon:+1
Apprentice
Member # 2632
Profile #26
Actually I've been paying some attention to what causes undead in the Avernum (or Ermaria) universe recently as I've been playing the games. I find it rather interesting and varied. Necromancy is one way, possibly coupled with a magician turning him- or herself into a lich. Another thing seems to be that when people die with an all-consuming emotion (or maybe just hatred?) in them they can't quite let go of this world and become undead, possibly exterting influence to the surrounding area as can be seen in the cave northeast of Mertis. A bit more mundane instance seems to be that when you are simply walking around in a graveyard the dead rise to fight you. Seems like simply disturbing someone's final resting place could result in retaliation.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #27
Getting killed by demons also seems to result in a higher-than-usual chance of becoming undead: both Fort Remote and the Tower of Magi pick up a couple of ghosts after being destroyed.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #28
Seems like necromancy is the default option, unless you are lucky to die in Avernum in peace, your relatives around.
Die hard in torture or violence - you become a zombie (or a ghost).
Die in grief and sorrow you become a ghost.
Die from a hand of evil magician you become a zombie or a skeleton
Die from a hand of a demon, and even that demon won't be sure about who you transform into.

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai
"If the mask under mask to SE of mask to the left of mask and to the right of me is the mask below the mask to the right of mask to the right of mask below me is the same, then who am I?"

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Meeshka:

Die hard in torture or violence - you become a zombie (or a ghost).
Not usually. How many battlefields do you come across in Avernum with no zombies? A lot.

quote:
Die in grief and sorrow you become a ghost.
Also not quite. Die in rage, especially at betrayal, and you come back as some kind of spirit. Die with unfinished and important business and you're even less likely to lie quietly in your grave/pile of rubble.

quote:
Die from a hand of evil magician you become a zombie or a skeleton.
How you die doesn't matter here. Where your body ends up does. Necromancers like collecting corpses to raise. If that means collecting living people and killing them, so be it, but it's not the manner of death that creates zombies.

quote:
Die from a hand of a demon, and even that demon won't be sure about who you transform into.
One demon doesn't usually do the trick. Massive demonic invasions are more useful, and even so most ghosts appear because they have unfinished business or important work to do. You know, little things like stopping demonic invasions.

—Alorael, who wonders what made the Alien Blade so important to the previous owner of Hawke's Manse. (And was his name Hawke?)
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Branchist v. Clubist:

—Alorael, who wonders what made the Alien Blade so important to the previous owner of Hawke's Manse. (And was his name Hawke?)
Typical rich kid, I expect. Got a huge inheritance, got the Manse, and bought the Alien Blade just because it was "exotic". Probably never even used it.

(Side note: I imagine that the sword would make a terrible vegetable cutter, what with the poisoned blade and all)

Alternately, Hawke could've been a famous adventurer who hid his most valuable weapon away in the house awarded to him by a grateful and freshly-rescued mayor of Lorelei. That would be awesome.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #31
quote:
How you die doesn't matter here
Now I'm scared. What did you mean by "you" and "here"?

Edit: I hate undead, I really hate undead. But more than that I wanna be ba-a-ad. And necromancers I hate more than poor undead.

[ Thursday, May 18, 2006 22:35: Message edited by: Meeshka ]

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #32
Originally by Meeshka:

quote:
It means that it doesn't matter how a person dies in Avernum. Alorael wasn't refering to you. Unless, of course, he sees you walking down the street one day.

Dikiyoba.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #33
Alorael is stalking you... ;)

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #34
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Meeshka:
quote:
It means that it doesn't matter how a person dies in Avernum. Alorael wasn't refering to you. Unless, of course, he sees you walking down the street one day.

I am sorry for making Dikiyoba confused. Quesion about "me" and "here" was actually a nonserious one. :P And scared I was for Avernites. Too many ways to scare those who you loved after you die and come as undead. :)

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai

Pages