Xian Skull (A3)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Xian Skull (A3)
Warrior
Member # 6875
Profile Homepage #0
I've been carrying this little skull around with me for some time now, and other than learning little bits of information, I haven't found a use for it. Is there one?

--------------------
Your mom's face! XD
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
It's use is the same as for Sylak's talking skull in Nethergate; it keeps you company and occasionally gives you hints.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
In other words, after the novelty wears off feel free to stash it somewhere and let it rot.

—Alorael, who deposited his Xian Skull in Anaximander's office. The poor bureaucrat could use some unhelpful levity.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Micawber:

It's use is the same as for Sylak's talking skull in Nethergate; it keeps you company and occasionally gives you hints.
Sylak's Talking Skull was more helpful though. I don't know if I ever needed the Xian Skull's advice, but Sylak's skull told me where to find some of the Nether Arts spells.

Edit: It's a pity. When I saw this thread, I was half-expecting the legendary Xian Skull thread of yore to have been resurrected.

[ Sunday, March 19, 2006 20:35: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Warrior
Member # 6875
Profile Homepage #4
Maybe next time? You should try out Well of Souls (synthetic-reality.com) It's a great MMORPG.

--------------------
Your mom's face! XD
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by 1337 h4x0r:

Maybe next time? You should try out Well of Souls (synthetic-reality.com) It's a great MMORPG.
What's with the ad? It's a bit of a non-sequitur...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Warrior
Member # 6875
Profile Homepage #6
I figure that people who play the Spiderweb Software games might be interested in a free MMORPG.

--------------------
Your mom's face! XD
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
That's nice, but these boards aren't the place for advertising. Keep the ads off, please.

—Alorael, who believes that the CoC forbids advertising quite explicitly.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6875
Profile Homepage #8
Oh well, just thought you might be open-minded to something new. Guess not. I'm going to bed now.

--------------------
Your mom's face! XD
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #9
I remember the Xian Skull telling me to talk to somebody on Bigail (don't remember the name, but she was a member of the Church of the Divine Lucre). That lead you to the Fury Crossbow location. I think there was another useful hint as well, but it was still mostly a novelty item.

--------------------
Legolas! Boromir! Come quick! I ... oh, wait. Never mind.
- The Xian Skull
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #10
If I recall correctly, one of its most useless quips was "Hi, I'm a talking skull."

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #11
They also have things like that for pc's.You click the file and it keeps popping up random windows ,saying stuff like (Did you know? This is a window.)

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #12
The Office Helper, I believe. Their only use is pressing the "animate" button over and over again when you're supposed to be typing.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #13
Office Assistant actually. :P

That rather annoying feature is one of the many reasons I prefer OpenOffice for most of my computing needs.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Warrior
Member # 6875
Profile Homepage #14
You know, I've decided to keep the skull with me...It's still entertaining to here him say "I'm a talking skull!"

--------------------
Your mom's face! XD
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #15
I always thought that it's the kind of item which runs counter to the over-arching goal of all living adventurers: not get killed.

Imagine this: Your party is sneaking through a fortress full of angry giants, and you're blessing and hasting before bursting into the room where the chief sleeps. You've been successful in slipping past guards so far, and you're ready to kill the chief in his sleep.

... then, out of nowhere, "HI! I'M A TALKING SKULL!"

Cue the guards, the death image, and a reload.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 6875
Profile Homepage #16
Hmm....I never thought about that. I think I should maybe....leave it in a fellow adventurer's sack? XD

--------------------
Your mom's face! XD
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #17
Except then he'll just complain how dark it is inside, and how much your gloves chafe... you'll never get away.

I dumped the skull outdoors - so as not to inflict it upon anyone else.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #18
By Ephesos:
quote:
I always thought that it's the kind of item which runs counter to the over-arching goal of all living adventurers: not get killed.

Imagine this: Your party is sneaking through a fortress full of angry giants, and you're blessing and hasting before bursting into the room where the chief sleeps. You've been successful in slipping past guards so far, and you're ready to kill the chief in his sleep.

... then, out of nowhere, "HI! I'M A TALKING SKULL!"

Cue the guards, the death image, and a reload.
Reminds me of an OotS strip.

--------------------
Everyone make your Move Silently check.
I got a 17.
I got a 24.
I got a 19.
I GOT A 4! DID YOU HEAR ME? I GOT-
- OotS
Warrior
Member # 6875
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
I dumped the skull outdoors - so as not to inflict it upon anyone else.
Well that's no fun....what are you, considerate?

--------------------
Your mom's face! XD
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #20
There was a Knights of the Dinner Table strip where Bob, the thief, successfully steals the treasure from the temple's altar in front of the monsters worshiping it. His victory dance to celebrate was ruled to have happened in the game attracting their attention. Ooops. So much for silent movement.