Map for Avernum 3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Map for Avernum 3
Apprentice
Member # 6659
Profile #0
I'm happy to make one myself but on the off-chance that there's an existing one somewhere....

I am looking for a complete map of Avernum 3 that combines all the regions and towns on the surface. I have like 10 maps or something ridiculous that my characters have to carry around and I am continually getting the message. You're character has too many items. They have A LOT of strength but there the limit to the number of items they can carry is annoying.

I think this would be particularly useful when accepting courier jobs so I know straight away where things are in relation to where I next want to go.

So, rather than spend some time putting together myself does anyone have one out there already?

Thanks
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #1
Here.
If you're finding it too small or unclear, click to enlarge and zoom in.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
If you're looking for specific places of interest instead of political boundaries, how about here?

—Alorael, who wonders what happened to Rache. It's been a while since she showed up.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #3
Rache's written the most complex and detailed walkthrough on Avernum 3 that's ever been put on the web. More than a walkthrough, she covers all and every question you might have concerning the game. I never imagined anything as outstanding as her endeavour when I offered to help her, and that's why to my everlasting shame I got stuck after reformatting roughly 2/3 of her site. My own efforts focused on providing an easy to use and clean navigation as well as on creating image maps, where moving your cursor over the map brings up information on the many details she so painstakingly collected. Things she couldn't do herself. We've removed the link to this unfinished oeuvre. But I guess, her site would be more often used, if it were easier to search and navigate.

Now this is a question to Aran and his ermarian.net: Rache has maps for every spot you might want to visit in A3. Do you plan to include maps in your encyclopedia? Shall we try to contact Rache and ask her, if she'd like to see them there?

edit: I'll put the links to both sites in my sig.
Sorry Aran, you have maps on your site. Didn't find them immediately.

[ Wednesday, January 25, 2006 03:20: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
There aren't many maps on the encyclopedia site, and those that are are usually unrelated to the games - Vantanas and Pralgrad's geography is completely non-canon.

But having some maps for specific game areas would be fine, as long as there aren't any walkthrough-related labels on them. :) I haven't seen Rache's maps, by the way. I'll check them out this evening.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Apprentice
Member # 6659
Profile #5
Thank you!!

That one page map was exactly what I wanted. I totally love Rache's Avernum 3 website..its very complete and very helpful but I wanted a one page map that I could print out and at a glance look to where cities are so that I can make some money by doing some courier jobs. After spending 8K on that mansion in Lorelei (its kind of nice having a little space I like to call my own :D ) I need money for spells real bad!!

I ran into a little problem with the game though...I kept starting new quests and going to new places...ie Blackcragg Fortress...without finishing a whole bunch of quests underground and in newbie areas. I think it was my curiosity about unexplored places so I need to go back and do heaps of quests that I got ages ago and ignored for greener pastures. :rolleyes:
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #6
quote:
as long as there aren't any walkthrough-related labels on them
There are small circles with numbers on them that point to game related information. They have been edited in, they can be edited out.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version