Encumbrance Av2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Encumbrance Av2
Apprentice
Member # 6216
Profile #0
Hi
Am I missing something or is there no way to tell if your mages are encumbered in Avernum 2? There is a note about that on the bottom of the Avernum 3 info screen, but not in Av2. In the previous version of Av2 , encumbrance actually appeared as a message during a battle (I think).
Do I just guess by how much they're wearing or the weight of it?

Shine
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #1
Items have a description. Read the description. If it says "When worn, you have a 4% attack penalty in combat." then wearing it will make you encumbered. The same goes for anything with an attack penalty greater than 4%.

If you wearing any armour, helmet, golden pantaloons, etc, that would encumber a character with the minimum possible stats, you will be unable to cast a spell more powerful than slow without having the Natural Mage character trait.

Encumbrance also affects the number of action points you get. I'm fairly certain that the attack penalty (and the action point penalty if you are encumbered enough) can be reduced with the right skills. A mage without the Natural Mage character trait will still be unable to cast anything more powerful than slow, regardless.

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #2
You should be able to counter enc. at a fighter with more dex. and maybe a bit more str.! :)

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
I'm pretty sure that putting points into the Hardiness stat will reduce your effective encumbrance. (In A3, the stat that reduced encumbrance was Hardiness, but in BoA, it was Defence, so if Hardiness doesn't work then try Defence instead.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #4
Ah, *hits something hard against head* yeah I forgot that completely, it should be Defence, like in Exile! :rolleyes:

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Apprentice
Member # 6216
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by CPeters:

"When worn, you have a 4% attack penalty in combat."
Geez, I guess my mages better drop those steel shields faster than quick :D

Thanks

[ Thursday, January 05, 2006 05:27: Message edited by: Shine123 ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
Well, if your mages have Natural Mage, you can armour them up all you like without fear. If not, though, then you should make sure that you're not encumbered.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!