How do I get the evidence?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How do I get the evidence?
Apprentice
Member # 6087
Profile #0
Hey everyone

I've been playing A2, and I can't get the second crystal soul. I can, however, get the first and third. Where do I get the evidence to get into Pyrog's cave? How can I get deep into Empire territory?

Thanks
Ik3

--------------------
I want...to kill...myself
I want...to hang...myself
I want...her to see...me die
And to know...that she...has killed me.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #1
Pyrog's Lair is accesible from the back. You have to get to the Empire Archives in the Central Sea (there's an Empire dock with some boats to the east of the main entrance to Pyrog's Lair. If you've gotten 2 of the Crystals Souls and can't get into Pyrog's Lair, I presume that you have the Souls from the Spire and Angierach. If you made it to Angierach, you can't get any farther into Empire territory. There are Empire-controlled areas that you never wil be able to enter. The only places deep in Empire territory you can go are Erika's Tower, Garzahd's Castle, and the Portal Fortress, which are only accessible from the portal in the Tower of the Magi.

[ Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:37: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

The only places deep in Empire territory you can go are Erika's Tower, Garzahd's Castle, and the Portal Fortress both of which are only accessible from the portal in the Tower of the Magi.
I thought Erika was such a big enemy of the Empire, why is she deep in Empire territory then?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 6087
Profile #3
I don't have the Empire Crystal Soul Scroll, though, so I can't sneak into the back of Pyrog's lair. How do I get that scroll?

Thanks,
Ik3

--------------------
I want...to kill...myself
I want...to hang...myself
I want...her to see...me die
And to know...that she...has killed me.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
I thought Erika was such a big enemy of the Empire, why is she deep in Empire territory then?
Erika's Tower is actually under siege by empire forces in Avernum 2.

quote:
I don't have the Empire Crystal Soul Scroll, though, so I can't sneak into the back of Pyrog's lair. How do I get that scroll?
It's been a while, so I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, but as far as i remember, everything you need to get into Pyrog's Lair is in the Empire Archives on an island in the Central Sea.

EDIT: Oh yeah! Now I remember. You get the evidence in Fort Dolthar where you go to kill Limoncelli. I'm pretty sure it's on an island somewhere as well. I'm not quite sure where, but you could try checking Schrodinger's FAQ at http://www.geocities.com/zeviz1/ That usually can tell you all the things you need to go to get to places.

[ Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:57: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

The only places deep in Empire territory you can go are Erika's Tower, Garzahd's Castle, and the Portal Fortress, which are only accessible from the portal in the Tower of the Magi.
What about the Ornotha Ziggurat (or however it's spelled), that's also deep within Empire territory, but only accessible from the Vahnati Lands.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Infernal666hate:

What about the Ornotha Ziggurat (or however it's spelled), that's also deep within Empire territory, but only accessible from the Vahnati Lands.
That's true, but since he said he already had 2 crystal soulds, I presumed he had already been there.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Warrior
Member # 497
Profile #7
First: You can get the Crystal Souls in any order, so saying 'first' and 'third' tells us nothing.

Second: Since you did say Pyrog's Cave, then what you need to do is this:

You have to go to Fort Dolthar. It's where Sss-Thsss's castle was in Avernum I. To get there, take a boat from Silvar (I think the easiest place to get boats for this is Silvar--they cost 400g) across the lake and north to Fort Dranlon. Head west from Fort Dranlon, and south before you reach the Waterfall Warren. Fort Dolthar is the one with the three groups of Empire Soldiers guarding the gates. You need a blue or grey pass to get by them without a fight, but if you raise Hell in the fort, then you'll have to fight them on the way out. Better to enter the fort from the south, by boat.

Once in the fort, murder, burn, and pillage your way up to the second floor. There are a few ways up, but only one will actually go anywhere (the others are escape routes or traps and only let people down), and it's the big stair at the south end of the first floor.

Once on the second floor, hack and slash to the northeast corner. It'll stand out because of the Vahnatai architecture. Kill everyone inside and look around; there's a chest with the evidence you need.

Now, the critical part is this: you must take that evidence to Olgai if you want to get into Pyrog's Lair by the rear entrance. The Council knows how to find the secret door to get in, and until you get it from them, you don't.

With that newfound knowledge, you can take a boat (from the Empire Docks, past the Lair) for which you need red and blue passes, and a grey if you want to avoid a fight with some wanderers near the Lair (though you will have unavoidable fights at the guard tower nearby and the Docks themselves), use the back door, execute a few giants, work your way to the mage quarters, and retrieve Jekknol-Bok.

For the rest of it, anyplace in Empire Lands from which you are barred will either stop you or kill you. Bargha, for example, just won't let you in. You'll automatically run from some other guardposts where you're seriously outclassed. Some places will kill you automatically: at the front near Dharmon, after killing several groups, you can advance to the Empire camp. They kill you quickly. If you try to fly over the chasm at Garzahd's fortress, a bunch of demons eat you. Just watch it when you're far from home and save often.

[ Monday, December 19, 2005 12:31: Message edited by: Tom ]

--------------------
Evil comes in many forms. I am but one of them.