A3 Anama

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A3 Anama
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #0
Does joining them make it so you can't use magic? Advice is appreciated.

--------------------
Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
A: The sound of someone getting smacked upside the head.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a good side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Don't worry Alorael, custom titles are overrated.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
If you join the Anama you lose the ability to cast mage spells, and trying to get mage spells again later gets you kicked out of the Anama. If you leave a mage behind in Fort Emergence, however, you can retrieve the character later and "cheat" the Anama.

—Alorael, who is now getting confused between the A3 and E3 Anama penalties and circumstances.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #2
Yes it does, but there's a loop hole. Put your magicians into character storage than join the Anama. When done pick up your magicians and they'll still be able to use magic. However the no one in your group will be able to learn magic.

--------------------
Pass the sauerkraut and chips please.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #3
That's a very intriguing suggestion you have there, goldenking. I'll have to give that a try next time I play A3. I've always loved the doodads and trinkets you get from the Anama, but since I balk at their anti-mage stance, I've always had to procure said trinkets using, shall we say, less than honorable methods.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #4
Dishonouring the Anama brings an overal sense of honour towards avernumkind ;)

Stealing from bad people is ok, right?

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #5
Well, you could become a bad person yourself, and not care about what's right or wrong.

Anyway, I don't really recommend joining the Anama, you'll either end up with restrictions, or kill half an island's population... maybe more. All for what? Two priest levels and a few spells?