what is your group make up?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: what is your group make up?
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #50
quote:
quote:Originally written by Ephesos:
Ah, but arrows don't always work... I can't believe this happens in A4. And they're pathetically weak until you upgrade to something like a blessed longbow. And even then, they still do half the damage that good melee fighters can do.
Arrows may be weak, but razordisks totally rock. I hope they still have them in A4.

[ Tuesday, November 29, 2005 04:47: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #51
quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:

Especially if you get one of those bows not designed to do much in the way of physical damage, but other kinds of damage.
Just got one of those, actually. I think I'll give it to my priest, who has a nominal training in Bows.

Tyranicus, it just wouldn't be a true Avernum experience without razordisks.

VCH, have fun when you actually start charging at things. Jeff shall smite thee!

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #52
There are more of those kinds of bows. You can buy archery training and the Sharpshooter skill. This will give your casters a reasonable hit rate.

Some of those bows are so nasty in their effect that it's tempting to use them in favour of actual physical damage.

Jeff seriously gave power to the archers. There are bows in the game that are just plain SICK!

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #53
"Some of those bows are so nasty in their effect that it's tempting to use them in favour of actual physical damage."

Hmm. Acid/poison effect per hit, instead of pure physical?

Can you say if Envenom made a return from the Exile series? That always was a fun spell. Actually, I like poisoned weapons in almost any game

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #54
Not all damage is physical, but there are some bows that do things even more fun than different damage.

—Alorael, who will say two things. Poison is nastier than it was in previous Avernums, and killing with poison gives experience now. (Poison also has become the most common cause of character death, but that's subject to playing style.)
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #55
quote:
Originally written by Guava-Flavored Substance:

—Alorael, who will say two things. Poison is nastier than it was in previous Avernums, and killing with poison gives experience now. (Poison also has become the most common cause of character death, but that's subject to playing style.)
I personally find flying gobs of acid to be the leading cause of adventurer mortality in my games. Poison just doesn't do much damage after a few levels... and Mass Curing (as always) takes it all away.

--------------------

His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #56
There are some poisons that it can take 3 or 4 castings of mass curing to clear up. And in that time, it is possible to die. You can jack up poison resistance to well over 100% and still take oodles of damage, but thankfully this kind of toxic assault is rare.

Of course, this is why you keep Curing Elixers on hand at all times on all members.

Oh, and I do agree, acid has become a fomidable force, one that requires attention now.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #57
I have never used a curing elixir... nor have I ever used an augmentation potion, healing potion, strength potion, or shielding potion. For the most part, it's only speed and energy potion/elixirs for my party.

It's so much easier to just give your main fighter the priest spell skills to heal himself. Alternatively, you can give your priest some speed potions.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #58
So is melee useless? I would hate that.

--------------------
Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
A: The sound of someone getting smacked upside the head.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a good side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Don't worry Alorael, custom titles are overrated.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #59
Melee is far from useless, and really, one can still bless-haste-hack most of the time, but there are occasional combats that make things more challenging.

The idea seems to be to force you not to rely on one single strategy for every fight in the entire game. Melee is good, but you'll need to be able to deliver different kinds of damage from time to time.

And come to think of it, I've only used an invulnerability potion, and nothing else. I have loads of them on someone — my fighter, I think — but I've never used them.

[ Tuesday, November 29, 2005 21:45: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1960
Profile #60
I never got in the habit of using ranged missiles in playing exile 1-3 netergate and avernum 1-3. Assassination just doesn't work with them and it makes me sad. Ammo is so heavy too.
Posts: 220 | Registered: Saturday, September 28 2002 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #61
Carry gun ammo, that´s light, efficient and hard to get in Avernum! :P

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Warrior
Member # 3208
Profile #62
I hardly ever used ranged, I didn't get an archer 'til Falko (I play avernum 3) and then i rarely used him. I prefer loads of mage and melee. My first character hit somewhere around 600 near the end of the game

--------------------
No Way! A site with cheats for Avernum 1, 2, 3 AND 4!!! You just GOTTA check this out!!!
http://world6.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=114142261
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #63
Since the damage cap is 200, you either had a mage as your first character or you cheated more than can possible be necessary to inflict feisty slaps of pain.

—Alorael, who never used archery much until A4. Suddenly it became extraordinarily useful.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages