Interesting A1 Glitch

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Interesting A1 Glitch
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #0
Don't know if anybody cares... but in A1, you know the cows west of Almaria that stick with you? I was heading south from the Castle, they caught me, and I pressed the W key to wait, and the view was whisked away to view a part of the map in the black-behind-walls.

I know where the view took me, too, because on my automap, there was a big section of the black-behind-walls mapped out behind one of the walls on the north side of the cave just to the east of Almaria, in the cave-loop east of the cavern with the small, one-space pool.

Anyhow, whether or not anybody can understand my bizarre directions, has this shown up for anybody else?
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #1
I'm certain this is not A1 specific bug, I've experienced it all through out the Avernum trilogy - infrequently but at least once in Avernum 1, 2 and 3. In every case it has been seemingly random - the only common factor I can remember, is that this happened whilst I was switching programs constantly via Alt-Tab. This indicates to me that it might be 'memory contamination', y'know, where some program writes over the data in memory that is used by another program without properly checking if that data is no longer required. But this is just speculation really.

[ Thursday, September 29, 2005 19:49: Message edited by: CPeters ]

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #2
Actually, that works completely with a few things happening on my system, lately, when it comes to memory.

Plus I was indeed switching between programs.