It Must Be Magic

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: It Must Be Magic
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #25
The difference between Fireblast and Divine Fire is that Fireblast can kill goblins, but Divine Fire is able to kill goblin fighters. Most of the time. :( But at least DV only costs 7 SP! :D

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Chief Spider watching The Simpsons:

The difference between Fireblast and Divine Fire is that Fireblast can kill goblins, but Divine Fire is able to kill goblin fighters. Most of the time. :( But at least DV only costs 7 SP! :D
What? Goblins? Bolt of Fire can kill goblins. Fireblast and Divine Fire have the tendency to actually melt goblins down to their constituent pixels... they're that powerful. Unless you're talking about another scenario's goblins, like EM or Backwater Calls, that is.

And Fireblast is infinitely better than Divine Fire, it's just that priests don't have access to the spell, so Divine Fire is the next best thing.

Thralni? That question of yours is vague to the extreme.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #27
To vague, eh?

Well, I try to repeat it in a different way:

I just read the thread, and in the beginning of it most people were complaining about the spells and abilities in Canopy being useless, some don't know how to use them, some think they are overdone. So what do you guys think will be good abilities or spells to have in a scenario?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #28
Well, while most of Canopy's spells are just over-animated attack spells of doom, I wouldn't say that they're useless.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #29
I think the best thing for spells and abilities to have is a balance between creativity and utility, if that's even possible. I mean, it has to be interesting, but semi-useful. The problem in Canopy was that most of them were either:

-Utility spells which felt like taking the easy way out (i.e: Baldev), and were simple "roast everything" spells.
(or)
-Really interesting, quirky spells that usually didn't accomplish much, or just weren't usable that often (i.e: Naturshand).

A good spell/ability would balance those two concepts, though I'm not certain how.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

[quote=Chief Spider watching The Simpsons]
[qb]The difference between Fireblast and Divine Fire is that Fireblast can kill goblins, but Divine Fire is able to kill goblin fighters. Most of the time. :( But at least DV only costs 7 SP! :D

What? Goblins? Bolt of Fire can kill goblins. Fireblast and Divine Fire have the tendency to actually melt goblins down to their constituent pixels... they're that powerful. Unless you're talking about another scenario's goblins, like EM or Backwater Calls, that is.

And Fireblast is infinitely better than Divine Fire, it's just that priests don't have access to the spell, so Divine Fire is the next best thing.
QB][/quote]I was not saying Divine Fire was more powerful, I was humorously making the point that the two spells are about even when it comes to goblins. It was a joke.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider

Pages