What is the name of the Avernum world?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What is the name of the Avernum world?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
Yes, but if a planet took 5000 hours to turn like Venus does, finishing Exile 3 in 100 "days" would take a lifetime for the PCs. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #26
Are there any references in A1-A3 pertaining to what the sky actually looks like. The sun close objects etc.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
Here's a world map I made from rough conjecture, whole cloth and spit. No, none of the continents besides Valorim has a shape designed by Jeff.

Here's another topic about Ermarian.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #28
How we strive to put a face of reality on even our worlds of fantasy. We seek to wrap an imagined land around a real globe. We see faces and familiar objects in random ink blots. We instinctively recoil from the abstract and the unknowable. It's just a bit curious, doncha think?

This has been...

Random Wry Observation #537b.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by Deep Sleep Therapy:

Yes, but if a planet took 5000 hours to turn like Venus does, finishing Exile 3 in 100 "days" would take a lifetime for the PCs. :P
Well yeah, but it could be a compromise between the two. I was just illustrating that it didn't have to be a moon to turn slowly. ;) Perhaps 200 hour days, or somewhere from 200-1000.

*pokes the happy fun ball*

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Apprentice
Member # 5920
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally written by Arancaytar:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally written by Drakefyre:

quote:
Originally written by Puerperal Fever:
The Exile series refers to the native language of humans as being English a couple of times as well (a note in the nephil fort in E1 and an obelisk in Vahnatai lands in E2). Don't know if this was fixed/changed for the Avernums.

There was also a Spanish person in Exile I.

What identified him as Spanish - is the word "Spanish" actually in the game?

Yes.

There is also an Asian woman camped outside the crypt in Exile, in the same outdoor section as Motrax's Lair is in.

--------------------
"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul." -Sauron
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #31
Well, it doesn't seem to take 200 hours while walking around outside! Or does it? Some of those distances outdoors are pretty screwed up.

How many months are there? Suncome, Icefall, Leaf-fall, Empire, Radiane, Rememberance, Frost, any more? And don't the months generally have 40 days?

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #32
Eh, I don't think we were talking real time, or is there actually a time system in place... I don't remember one.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #33
I believe that there are 10 28-day months for a year of 280 days.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #34
Does that mean people age faster?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that at least some months go on for more than 28 days, because once I was just waiting and waiting for the next month to come, and it went past 31, and went all the way to about 38 or 40.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by Deep Sleep Therapy:

100 days!!!i finished A3 in about 30 days!! well, with my rushy way of ignoring minor quests, but that are for the ending, when you have nothing else to do.
an why do you think that there is an altered time measure in "ermarian"(what a stupid name) anyway?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #36
You might want to, you know, read the topic to figure that out.

EDIT: Hint: it has something to do with how quickly one can get across a continent in Avernum 3.

[ Tuesday, September 27, 2005 15:33: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

I believe that there are 10 28-day months for a year of 280 days.
The Avernum series mentions eight months of 35 days, which, coincidentally, comes out to the same number of days (280).

[ Saturday, October 08, 2005 22:11: Message edited by: Atrus ]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.

Pages