Av 2. Is there a bug where items disappear.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Av 2. Is there a bug where items disappear.
Apprentice
Member # 5993
Profile #0
I am wondering if anyone has experienced a bug where items disappear. This has happened to me twice, early on in Fort Draco, later in Olgai. In Olgai I lost important stuff, Magery crystal, Orb of Thralni, Blessed Plate Mail, and loads of armour from the Ornotha Ziggurat that I was hoping to turn into cash.
Does anyone know why this happens?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
If you dropped the items on the ground, then yes, it's possible. If there are too many items on the ground in a town, they start vanishing.

—Alorael, who was under the impression that junk vanished first. If you use up all the junk, though, it might just start random item removal.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
Yeah, you should be grateful that items ever stay where they are. In Exile all dropped items automatically disappeared as soon as you left town (except in the storage rooms) so you had to prioritise which items to take and sell and which items to be abandoned.

In Avernum 2 you can still store items in the designated storage rooms (Olgai, Silvar, Castle). That's the only safe place to leave your stuff.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #3
And the item-drop system has been changed to make sense; archers drop bows, sliths drop spears, etc.

It didn't make any sense whatsoever in the Exile games.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #4
Yup, and there's evidence that they have the item before they die: they're able to use their stuff if it's arrows, a potion a or scroll.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Which is downright hilarious when they happen to be carrying an invulnerability potion.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!