Why wont my spells work

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Why wont my spells work
Warrior
Member # 6218
Profile #0
my characters in Avernum 1 cannot cast spells, i made custom characters and my third character was basically a healer. i have since added some points to mage skills and she cant use any. I dont understand, i thourght that it would be the same as exile that you know a large proportion of the early level spells.

p.s. no i am not dumbfounded
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Unless you buy spells (or have those skills to start out), you can't cast spells. Most likely you need to go to someone who sells spells and buy a few. There should be someone in a nearby town who sells them.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6218
Profile #2
hmmmm..... thats kind of different to exile 3

thanks, thats what i thourght but i just wanted to clarify
Warrior
Member # 6218
Profile #3
Another question......... sorry

is alchemey usefull, i thought that it was kind of a waste in exile.
do most people use it??
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #4
The majority seem not to think so, personally I enjoy it, if I have some spare points I usually plonk them into a characters alchemy skill.

If you didn't find it useful in Exile though I doubt you will find it any more useful in Avernum.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #5
it can be useful, if youre one of those "i need no towns i just wander around in the wilderness adventuring for months" - type of player.
to me it seems that few people use alchemy though, some prefer to sell the ingredients, some dont care about them at all, and some keep them in their inventory for no reason like me.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Warrior
Member # 6218
Profile #6
hey also i was wondering, how long is the Avernum 1 shareware edition. Because i just purchased the Avernum box set and am waiting for it in the mail, so i wanted to get a head start.

Exile 3 shareware was huge, to finish off the slimes and the roaches and all of south valoriam was many hours.

But i was disapointed to find that in the first 30mins i hit a shareware barrier.......

[ Monday, August 15, 2005 00:59: Message edited by: Espionage ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #7
about 4 by 6 outdoor sections, if thats any indication to you. Not knowing your play speed or explorative nature, It's hard to say how much game play time you will get out of it.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #8
its not much, anyway. the largest quest you can complete is cleansing some nephil fort in the nw or something. a goblin cave, a nephar fort, some undead i think and thats it.

EDIT: still good enough to download the demo, however.

[ Monday, August 15, 2005 03:51: Message edited by: Rent-an-Ihrno ]

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Warrior
Member # 6218
Profile #9
yeah i have basically finished all of it i think....
bit disapointed, i thourght that it would huge like exile 3 demo.

But the difficulty seems alot higher which is good, i struggled against many sliths