AV2: Getting into Olgai

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: AV2: Getting into Olgai
Apprentice
Member # 6140
Profile #0
Okay, I just can't get in. They won't let me. And I'm getting angry. I even ::Shudders:: looked to the only walkthrough in existance about AV2 ::Rolls eyes:: and all it says is "Head on out, and you'll run into some vahnatai. Be submissive and
you'll do fine. Head on over west to Olgai. Be nice, and you'll get
in. "

WTH is that supposed to mean?! Run into Vahnatai *where*? In front of Olgai? Just wandering? WHAT?

Be submissive? HTH do you do that?! Get myself freaking killed by them?!

Be nice? HOW?

::Seethes:: I am very angry... :mad:
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #1
You can get into Olgai when you've done a few things that you seem not to have done so far. It would help if you posted who you talked to and what tasks you completed in Vahnatai lands.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
There are three tests in caves around the Vahnatai cavern. The Test of Speed, Test of Strength, and Test of Patience. Depending on what you did coming down the river, you'll have to do any number of them, from 1-3.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
I thought you could get into Olgai anytime and the Tests were for seeing the Council. To get into any city but Avit you need to do the Ritual of Welcoming. It's in one of the buildings east of the center of the town. Talk to the vahnatai there and you should have no trouble.

—Alorael, who will point out that the walkthrough does tell you to perform the Ritual, which then permits you to blithely amble on to Olgai, stopping only to smell the mushrooms and maul the hydras.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Sevvie:

Be submissive? HTH do you do that?! Get myself freaking killed by them?!

Be nice? HOW?

By "be submissive", it means you have to put down your weapons when the Vahnatai outside the city tell you to.

--------------------
Ex-member-#2475.
Post count = 406 + whatever it says below.
Apprentice
Member # 6140
Profile #5
Okay, okay. Sorry.

I talked to all the the people Ari. I took and completed all three tests. I can't talk to the guards 'cause I don't understand them...how do I solve this? I should have mensioned that...it slipped my mind.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
I already explained. In Avit, there is a room with three bowls, basins, or other vessels. You need to touch them in order either from lightest color to darkest or darkest to lightest. One of the vahnatai in Avit tells you this, but you somehow missed it. Go back and try again, complete the Ritual of Welcoming, and you'll be able to speak and understand the vahnatai language.

—Alorael, who will point out that Avit is a bit confusing with all the bridges. Using the automap helps a lot.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00