Strange occurances

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Strange occurances
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #0
Yes, i have a bunch of strange occurances in A2 (unregisterd version.)

1st (and possibly most annoying) Is the Ruined fort, where the hostile Vahnantai (sp?),Ghouls and zombies, are. There's a Wheel that requires a hexagonal bar, the only ones i find, on the left side of the screen (i cant reach the right)
Are the bent ones.

2nd, (and possibly the least important) Is the reasoning behind the realtion of the 'worth' of the item, and the selling price. How does that work, and how can i sell for higher?

[ Saturday, March 19, 2005 14:26: Message edited by: avernum master ]

--------------------
plz feel free to email me answers at stargazer_do@hotmail.com
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
1.You can find a hexagonal bar in the “Watery Ruins”, south west of the “Ruined River Fort”. Battle the hydras, it will be in the north west corner.

2. Each shop has a different buying selling ratio. Compare prices at different shops before selling potentially valuable items.

[ Saturday, March 19, 2005 14:49: Message edited by: Dolphin ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #2
Ok, thanks alot, i didnt go there earlier, because my people were at low MP.

New occurances.

I've played A3, thing is, The GIFTS (Giant Inteligent Friendly Talking Spiders) Are down in lower avernum in A2.

In A3, the Gifts of the isle of (cant remember the name, cochroaches place.)Say that they used to live down there, when you go to the ToM if you open one of the doors, you find a GIFTS in there. So where did these things come from? Are they in A1?

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #3
In A1 the GIFTS are north west of Fort Draco. As far as I remember they didn't say ware they came from.
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #4
Thanks alot Dolphin.

This is simply my old thread brought back, strange stuff.

The other thing, which i neglected to place in my last post, is that there was a tower, before the forts, called 'Barrier Tower' what is it?

[ Saturday, March 19, 2005 19:10: Message edited by: avernum master ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
You can get a higher selling price for your items by raising your skill in Barter. You can't raise the skill by training until you buy a level of it for the character, and you can buy levels from Tor in his farm east of Fort Draco. It's more useful to buy five levels for everyone from Tor than to spend skill points on it.

—Alorael, who can't remember the exact equation for Barter and selling prices. The full 20 points from five purchased ranks to all four characters isn't useful because the max price is capped. Somewhere around 17 ranks might be the optimum.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #6
the barrier tower is an important place later in the game. until then, i dont think you can enter it before that (at least not without getting unlock doors 3 and dispell field 3 by the editor).

SPOILER

inside you find a magician circling around the exact same guy, only he is imprisoned in a rune circle. one of them is a demon who pretends being his own guard mage and both will tell you the other one is the demon... then you can decide whom to help. or do nothing.
i think you have to help the right one to get what you came for, a book on teleportation, which you need to destroy the empire mass teleporter (one of the 3 game-winning quests).
was there something more? dont remember.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #7
quote:
inside you find a magician circling around the exact same guy, only he is imprisoned in a rune circle. one of them is a demon who pretends being his own guard mage and both will tell you the other one is the demon... then you can decide whom to help. or do nothing.
i think you have to help the right one to get what you came for, a book on teleportation, which you need to destroy the empire mass teleporter (one of the 3 game-winning quests).
was there something more? dont remember.
If I am not mistaken you don't have to help anyone, and shouldn't. Just ask the mage about the book, so most likely you have to know about the book in the first place. Once you get to the tower save your game before doing anything, and read the walkthrough if you need to.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by avernum master:

I've played A3, thing is, The GIFTS (Giant intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders) Are down in lower avernum in A2.

In A3, the Gifts of the isle of (cant remember the name, cochroaches place.)Say that they used to live down there, when you go to the ToM if you open one of the doors, you find a GIFTS in there. So where did these things come from? Are they in A1?

If you talk to all the spiders in A3, one of them (his name is Spider, if that helps) tells you they started out in Avernum, where they met some nice adventurers. But then they went on a Great Journey out of the caves led by the chief spider, where they have settled on Bigail.

The GIFTs are also around in Nethergate; they pass through the nethergate at the end of the game (maybe into the Avernum universe?)

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #9
That would be strange.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #10
Just a quick notation on the point im about to make, it is an UNREGISTERED VERSION. This means, i CANNOT use the editor, other than for the base purposes. (no add features, other than gold+rep)

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #11
I see, than you will not be visiting the Barrier Tower. You wont be able to return to Avernum via the Tower of Magi until you register.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #12
Avernum master: If you ever get a chance, play the demo for Nethergate. It's fun and you'll find a place in the demo where you'll meet some old friends of yours from A1-A3. :)

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by behind stingy cactus:

Avernum master: If you ever get a chance, play the demo for Nethergate. It's fun and you'll find a place in the demo where you'll meet some old friends of yours from A1-A3. :)
I seem to recall something about a hidden dungeon. But it might have been for A2.

But as for the comment about GIFTS, are they the same crazy brown yellow things that all have the name of spider?

As well, i cant seem to do the test of patience, i cant get the stone block throught the watery room

Is it possible for anyone to aid me with this?

[ Sunday, March 20, 2005 13:43: Message edited by: avernum master ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
There is a hidden dungeon of sorts in A2 and a better but more bland one in A3.

Yes, the GIFTS are the Giant, Intelligent, Friendly, Talking Spiders. They're neat!

For the test of patience, I shall point you to Schrodinger's FAQ.

quote:
Walk along the path, ignore the wheel, then make it to the lever. Pull it, and pilot it out to the water area, and take the upper path. I'll let you figure this out, but it's not too hard. Then just keep pushing the block up the stairs. The block won't fall off the cliff either. Move back onto the rune, and uh oh! Just push it south through the secret door. Jump down after it, and move it back onto the rune. That's it.
—Alorael, who is always happy to copy someone else's work, especially for the test that he has never managed to solve.

[ Sunday, March 20, 2005 14:05: Message edited by: This is a pseudonym. ]
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #15
I still cant seem to make it get through the stupid chasm room. However, i am told to go to Elgi or Egli or someplace like that, to remove the dread curse i recieved as i could not find Dahris(sp?)-Bok's resting place, and believed that it was not important. Where is this? Is it accessible in the Demo?

As well, i normally grab anything i feel is of value, at the moment, i cant find anyplace to sell my spoils. So, i store anything, i dont need, or wont sell, but i cant find anywhere to do this. There is an empty house or two in Avit, would it be safe there?

[ Sunday, March 20, 2005 15:19: Message edited by: avernum master ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
Egli is on the big lake in the middle of the Vahnatai Lands, and you can reach it via a ferry southeast of Avit, but there's no one there who can remove Dread Curse. You need to go to the Tower of Magi for that. The Tower isn't accessible in the demo, so you're out of luck.

You can leave your loot anywhere in any town. It won't disappeaer and nothing will take it. However, you could also just find someone who will buy it. I'm almost positive there's someone who will in Mancuso, and there are probably other buyers in Olgai and Egli.

—Alorael, who recommends exploring all of the vahnatai Lands that you can (safely) reach and visiting the towns. There are nice shops, nice quests, and interesting things.
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #17
Alright, i found it, and completed the acursed test of patience, i hate that thing for its overwhelming simplicity!

Also I hate the way in which you profer the
small note at the end of your post!

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #18
Well, having no where else to go, i recently picked up the original Avernum demo!

And i am having trouble, what is the purpose of the spiral crypt? How in the world do i open the door to the crypt near Motrax's Cave?
And, is there an 'easy' or 'easier' way to get to Athron?

[ Thursday, March 24, 2005 13:00: Message edited by: avernum master ]

--------------------
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #19
1) The Spiral crypt holds a brooch, I believe. Make it to the center and search the bodies.

2) Wait until the first day of the month- the door will open. Alternatively, come back with Unlock 3.

3) I don't think so. Check Avernum Annotated Maps to be certain.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5549
Profile #20
quote:

Well, having no where else to go, i recently picked up the original Avernum demo!

And i am having trouble, what is the purpose of the spiral crypt? How in the world do i open the door to the crypt near Motrax's Cave?

yeah there is an easier way

BUILD LEVELS UP!!!!!
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by StelarBoy:

quote:

yeah there is an easier way

BUILD LEVELS UP!!!!!

Very helpful! NOT!

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #22
i believe its quite easy to get to athron.
ill have to check on my old savegames however (if i still have them), so ill edit when i know.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #23
Well, its not that, is there one way with, I dont know, "fewer" enemies, less drakes? SOMETHING?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3667
Profile #24
Well, i have officially given up on aid from people other than those who helped me earlier.

--------------------