A3: guarded tunnel bug?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A3: guarded tunnel bug?
Apprentice
Member # 5392
Profile #0
I paid the thieves guild guy the 3000c(??) he asked for , but when I enter the tunnel, the guards attack me anyway. I tried to go buy it again, but it isn't an option anymore, so I had to kill the guys to get in. I didn't lose any rep for it, but was there anything interesting to be found out from the guys in the inn? Anyone else have the same problem? :confused:
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #1
I don't know why that happened but the only person who would tell you anything inportant is the bartender. He only tells you to press the button on his desk in the room to the west. At least I think it's his desk, it's been a while. I hope that this helps. :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Warrior
Member # 4938
Profile #2
There's a secret chamber off the main room. Talk to the bartender first. Be very careful about stealing anything.

--------------------
"Keep both hands where I can see them"
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #3
Yeah, I tried to steal some food, and I got attacked by a bunch of invisible guys.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Apprentice
Member # 5392
Profile #4
hmm...did you even read my post :) ? The problem wasn't that i stole something, or anything like that, it was that i'd bought "safe conduct" from the thieves but i got attacked anyway...well, I went ahead and killed all of them, so no problem there anymore ;)
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #5
well, as you have already killed there is perhaps no going in the past... though you can fix it (I'm not exactly 100% sure) with character editor. However, why save them when you get a load of goodies in the tunnel, & none of the people in there are good, so you dont loose any rep. Think of yourself as Terminator-2, doing this for the cause of the empire. :D

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #6
I don't think you miss anything by killing the tunnel guardians. You gain experience by fighting them. The payment to the head thief is just for convenience if you don't want to have to fight the group.

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
It's also easier to get through if the thieves tell you about the button you have to press. Falling through the bridge a few times and going back to make it substantial works, but it's hardly pleasant.

—Alorael, who isn't sure what would make the thieves attack after you buy passage. It's possible that they stay hostile if you enter the tunnel and fight them, then leave and buy permission, then return.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5392
Profile #8
Alorael: for the third time, first I went to the thieves guild to buy passage, and then went to the tunnel and got attacked...so it's a bug, and anyway I'm already way past the incident, so... :) But thanks for the replays, guys!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
I got it the second time. My comment was in reference to My Quasimodo's post about the benefits of paying the thieves off. In addition to not having to fight, you also don't have to stumble through by trial and error.

—Alorael, who isn't usually so unobservant as to miss the point of a topic three times running. If he does that, it is obviously deliberate and doubtlessly for the greater good.

[ Tuesday, February 08, 2005 12:17: Message edited by: A o ooa a e oe. ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00