Your soul crystal slots

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Your soul crystal slots
Warrior
Member # 4492
Profile #0
So what creatures do you capture in your slot.
Personally these are my choices.

Drakelord
Ur-Basilik
Dark Wurm

And the final slot goes either to Null bug for their antimagic field or to Hill Giant Chiefs for their invulnerbility potion.
Warrior
Member # 5322
Profile #1
i think i have a basilisk, a dark wyrm, an empire archer, and a goblin (for the sake of humor). :-)

but i almost never use summoms anyway.

[ Sunday, January 09, 2005 05:17: Message edited by: yavinrebel88 ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #2
I only had 3 and when I tried I 4th it just didn't appear. Also, is it possible to chenge them sometime after you stored them? let's say I just added an infiltrator and then didn't want him anymore, can I "erase it"? how?

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
The slot filled is chosen randomly each time you cast Capture Soul. There's no need to erase something if you want something else, because it can be overwritten. The downside, of course, is that you can easily overwrite the creatures you want and not the ones you don't want (or empty slots).

—Alorael, who has stopped using soul crystals. He never bothers to summon anything with them anyway, so actually capturing things is a waste of time and spell energy.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #4
right now in my A2 party i have
(empty slot)
Empirte Deverish
Evil High Preist
Wizard

ive no BoA or A3 party right now.

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #5
well, I too have a dervish, but I do prefer a witch.

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #6
Yeah, this topic again.

Are there any scenarios in BoA that have the Soul Crystal in them?

As to what I have in mine...
Cave Cow
Chicken
Dog
(empty)( or maybe I have a cat)

Got to love the farm animals, killing golems with cows became quite amusing for a very short period of time.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
Capture Soul and Simulacrum were modified for BoA, sadly. They don't work at all the same way. Capture Soul became Capture Mind, which charms an opponent, and Simulacrum just creates a duplicate of its target.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #8
I suppose that it would be possible to do a special spell for them, though it would likely either be limited to a few monsters or take a large amount of code.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #9
I have some low level creature in mine, just to test it out. I don't really like to summon any help. I think I read somewhere that whatever the summoned creature kills - the party forfeits those XP. I might be wrong though.

--------------------
fishing
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #10
My choices would probably be a haakai and a vampire, because they summon more creatures, thereby magnify your original summoning. There's a haakai in the temple in the GIFTS lair who appears after you sanctify the altar. You get a really good spear after you kill him.

[ Friday, January 14, 2005 07:37: Message edited by: My Quasimodo ]

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum