(A3) Under Tinraya- Editor Got Me In Trouble?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: (A3) Under Tinraya- Editor Got Me In Trouble?
Apprentice
Member # 5331
Profile #0
Okay, so at one point I made it under the Keep before I had beaten the golems. After being locked in the bare cell for 2 days, the popup message happened, the wall slid away and I sent one of my characters through the portal. After having them go along a bit, I remembered that I needed to beat the golems first, so I used the editor to reunite my party & take them out of town. Now I'm all done with the golems, and I'm under the Keep again. Same deal with the cell, except now I CANNOT walk through the portal. Whenever I try to, nothing happens. The popup menu to send a character in doesn't appear, just nothing. Am I totally screwed here? Do I have start all over again? I didn't backup my savefile. Any help you could give would be much appreciated...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
You may very well be in some trouble. Two things:

1) You don't have to beat the golems before going through the Keep of Tinraya.

2) Always back up your save file before mucking with it in the editor. There's a reason it tells you to do that.

That said, let me see if I can find a solution to this. I'll edit this message in a little bit.

EDIT: If there is a way, I sure can't find it. It looks like the portal is handled by an SDF, which means you can't enter it more than once. I don't think there's much you can do from the point that you're at. Do you have an earlier save file at all?

[ Tuesday, December 28, 2004 12:55: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5331
Profile #2
It would appear that this person had the same problem (I can't be sure, the writing is poor, but I think it's what they were trying to say...)

http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=001366#000003

Yes, I should have backed it up, but in all my years of playing (starting back when Exile 2 came out! Oh it's been fun) I've never had a problem with the editor, so I just stopped doing it. Bad, bad Nicole.

At any rate, thanks for looking.

(I'm in Santa Rosa, so we're almost neighbors. In fact, I was in Berkeley yesterday...)
Apprentice
Member # 5331
Profile #3
Oh no!

I've only got one save file :(

Well hmph. Perhaps I should email Jeff & see if there is anything that can be done?
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #4
I don't think even Jeff could help you. Your stuck, and I think there's nothing you, or anyone else, can do about it.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #5
I very much doubt Jeff cares. In fact, hes notorious for not caring. In fact send him an email, just on the chance that he answers.

That should cause quite a stir. Ho ho.

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Apprentice
Member # 5331
Profile #6
Oh well, I won't bother then. What a shame...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
He's notorious for not updating his games, which is extremely different from not responding to individual customers who need help. I don't know if he can help, but it's probably worth e-mailing him, especially if you don't have any earlier save file at all.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5331
Profile #8
Awesome. I went ahead and emailed, we'll see what happens. I'll post if/with an answer.

Thanks for your help, with me luck!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
I'm pretty sure that he already said that he doesn't remember the A3 SDFs anymore. You're probably out of luck.

—Alorael, who is a great advocate of the daily save file. Unless a few KB of space matter to you, never save over your old games!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #10
If he replies now ill be severely imbaressed.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #11
He replies to me.....

sometimes.....

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5331
Profile #12
Yeah, he replied within a few hours. Very polite, but informed me that basically, I'm screwed. I have to start from the very beginning. Everyone's sure there's no way to hack it or fix it?

I'm so dissapointed now...
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #13
Let this be a lesson Nicole. When Burma Shave tells you things, you should really listen.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #14
is it possible to undo sdfs by setting the done stuff flag id to 0?

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
Sure, but it's not much use unless you know which SDF you want to reset.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
It's also possible, although pretty unlikely, that the Tinraya SDFs are tied to something else, or just written strangely, so that a value of 0 isn't helpful.

—Alorael, who would like to know how Jeff got through programming the game if he can't keep his SDFs straight.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5331
Profile #17
Now, how could one go about figuring out which SDF is which? Any oppurtunity for salvation will be investigated...
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #18
I assume that it would be very long and complicated. There are literally thousands of SDFs, and you would (i think) have to scour the whole game after changing each SDF, to identify the function of each SDF.

And maybe, as Alorael said, the Tinraya events are controled by many SDFs.

--------------------