Spell Tell

Error message

• Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Spell Tell
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #0
Among the numerous spells in A1, A2 & A3, which 1 do you like the most, & why do you like it :confused: The question is simple, answer carefully. :eek:

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Since this is the most spam-free of your recent spate of posts on this board, I think I'll actually endorse this topic by giving an opinion.

I like Divine Warrior in A1 and A2 in general, and Arcane Shield in all three. Haste at level 3 is awesome. For blessing/shielding, I guess I'd have to go with Divine Warrior, although this one is actually close.

For direct damage, Fireblast is my favorite. Arcane Blow just isn't enough, and Ice Lances and Lightning Spray are only good for lower levels or creatures with immunities.

For summoning (which I basically never do), Summon Aid is my favorite, because Arcane Summon costs too much. But I only use summoning when I don't take a fight seriously anyway.

[ Thursday, December 16, 2004 08:55: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #2
My favorites are Lightning Spray, Haste at level 3 and Mass Healing at level 3.

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #3
divine fire, because of the unique sound/animation and because priests can kick too!

all spells got something to them, however... except slow, i hate that one. dont ask me why.

well of course, shimmering ray and dumbfounding ray are the most annoying, but they are only available to monsters, so.. ah whatever.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
Divine Warrior is so good it's almost no fun. War Blessing makes a great cheap substitute. Beast Ceremony is great for the times you know that the evil, dangerous [insert person/demon/etc.] is just around that corner or behind the door.

Haste 3 and Mass Healing are simply staples of the killing things business.

Light is simply essential.

Out of the damage spells, I get the most mileage out of Divine Fire, Lightning Spray, and Ice Lances.

—Alorael, whose only real spell dislikes are Forcecage, Acid Spray, and the summoning spells.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4031
Profile Homepage #5
My favorite spell is Lightning Spray in A1
and A2. I love that sound effect.

For all of the series, for damage purposes, Fireblast and Divine Fire.

Also, Unlock Doors, in A1, A2, and A3 as a nice
sound effect, not to mention it's usefulness
at level 3.

--------------------
html://srmboe0.tripod.com - My Website, filled with my BOE scenarios, Avernum 3 hints, and my Exile Stories. Check it out!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #6
Haste level 3, coupled with slow level 3 for tough battles, Beast Ceremony for everything, and Divine Restoration for just about anything that ails me!

Damage dealing spells? Repel Spirit at level 3 kicks proverbial ass against demons, and Fireblast is cool too.

Radiant Shield is probably the best defensive spell.

And the worse - Terror. Why oh why is it in there?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #7
yeah, forgot about repel spirit and terror. gotta agree on those two.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #8
my favourite among all spells is definitely Smite, mainly for its small capacity & good effect. Divine Warrior comes a close 2nd. :)

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
Warrior
Member # 5212
Profile #9
The Best Spell just has to be Cloud of blades. It does super-damage to any in the way, and it effects the damage area just like in exile. *sigh*

--------------------
The whole purpose of your life Might just be to serve as a warning to others.
Build a man a Fire and he will be warm for a day, set a man on Fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
[b]Meow! Subvert the dominant Paradigm! Meow! Meow![b] Wizard's Cat in A2