Magey Questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Magey Questions
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #0
What spell(s) is most effective against the following creatures? I am slightly confused.

1. Rakshasa
2. gazer
3. dark wyrm
4. drake lord

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #1
Spells are mostly useless against all of those. If this is A3, then almost every party should have the physical muscle to beat them down (INSANE damage levels, wahey!). In the others...well, buff up your fighters and throw them at the guys. I recommend summoning weak creatures as extra targets, too.
Lifecrafter
Member # 54
Profile #2
Ice Lances will do the most damage to a dark wyrm out of all the mage spells in Avernum 3.

For a gazer, I'd try either Fireblast or Arcane Blow. Drake Lords are best handled with Arcane Blow. A Rakshasa is immune to most, if not all, of the damaging mage spells and has to be killed through other means.

(617)
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Cloud of Blades is always good if you've got a priest. You don't get experience if the wall kills them, but your enemies are left dead.

Rakshasi are the only ones that are impossible to take down with spells. The others have resistance to everything, and the drakes are immune to fire, but if you keep throwing spells at them they'll keel over eventually.

—Alorael, who finds himself very much missing Wound from the Exiles against resistant foes like these.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5216
Profile #4
The Rakshasi are impossible to beat down with spells, so use blessed/hasted/beserk fighters.
For the drakes, lighting spray is probably your best bet, or arcane lore.
For the gazer, use either arcane lore, divine fire, or fireblast.
And for the Wyrm, lightning spray/ice lances/arcane lore.
If your fighters are powerful enough though, I'd use them blessed, hasted, beserk, etc. instead of spells.

--------------------
OOOOOoooooOOOOO! LUK @ ME! I'm making ppl happi! Im da magical man from happy lnad, and I liv in a Gumdrop house down lollipop lane!!!!!
Apprentice
Member # 5224
Profile #5
spray acid kills Rackshai (and most anything else) pretty well.
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #6
You dont get experiance for killing monsters with spray acid, and it dosnt do much damage at all compared to other spells
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #7
Actually, Timber, you're right and wrong at the same time. (if that makes any sense) Ever think of multiple poisoning a target? Its the same works for exile with the poison spells. Try hitting something with a whole bunch of spray acid spells, then they'll be taking like 50 damage per every other turn. ;)

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Try hitting something with a whole bunch of spray acid spells, then they'll be taking like 50 damage per every other turn.
Yes I have done this, but 50 damage per every other turn is a LOT less then other spells, which could be doing say 100. Its a alright way to soften up Rakshasi, although I perfer to haste my fighters and summon monsters to help (summoning a dark wyrm with your soul cystral=no more pesky Rakshasi, especially if you haste it >:) Summoning a Rakshasi is a great way to block damage if you are having trouble), and let my fighters pk the Rakshasi
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00