Being kept out of Sharimik

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Being kept out of Sharimik
Apprentice
Member # 5155
Profile #0
Greetings...

I'm trying to get into Sharimik (Avernum 3, fully registered) and keep getting blocked by unfriendly guards. I've even tried going around the back and getting in via a hole in the wall (using a crystal to dispel the barrier), and I'm still kept out.

Any hints on how to get around this?

Thanks,
Erik
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #1
Don't you have to crawl in a hole through the north-east corner of the wall?
-No wait that's something else.

I think to get in you have to complete the slimes (and maybe cochroaches) missions before they will let you enter. And by the way, welcome to the boards! :)

[ Friday, November 05, 2004 12:42: Message edited by: Slasher ]

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
End the slime or roach plagues to get into (I think) Sharimik, Lorelei, and Gale. Gale is the city that requires the crawling through a hole.

—Alorael, who isn't sure if Ernest's portals can also get you into Sharimik or not. It seems likely, but he's never tried it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Prefixrootsuffix:

—Alorael, who isn't sure if Ernest's portals can also get you into Sharimik or not. It seems likely, but he's never tried it.
I have, and it did not work. Only way is by slimy and chewy or hard and crusty plagues only.

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #4
dear pal, there is 1 sureshot way to do this, either fiNish the slime quest ot the roach 1

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #5
hm. im almost sure that you can get into sharimik using ernests portal, too. otherwise, just do as those above have already said.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Apprentice
Member # 4836
Profile #6
Ernest's portal only drops you off before the entrance to the city not in the actual city. THat's why using the portal won't help.
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #7
yeah, thought so.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #8
I think (basing it on Exile III, since I haven't tried this particular gambit with Avernum 3) that Ernest's portal drops you off in the inter-gate area of the town enterance. You can't go through the inner gate though.
Apprentice
Member # 5155
Profile #9
Greetings all... thanks for the hints... I finished the missions and was let into the city, as promised :)