Ending Anama membership w/ false rings?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Ending Anama membership w/ false rings?
Apprentice
Member # 5058
Profile #0
I didn't think, stupidly, about the consequences of getting the false Anama rings from the thieves' guild. Now, of course, I can't buy spells. The character editor doesn't seem to reset my Anama "membership" when I try to do so. Anyone know a way to end this kind of "membership?" I'd bite the bullet and go forward with the story, but I love my mage.
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #1
Try talking with Ahonar...

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 4763
Profile Homepage #2
My memory's not too clear on this, but in the editor, where you can add special items, can you also remove them? If so, that might work.

--------------------
I once killed a man for his teeth.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
You can remove them (enter 0 as the second number) if you know the special item number of the Anama Ring, which I don't think anyone does offhand. Is there a list somewhere?

Talking with Ahonar is a far better choice.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5058
Profile #4
Hmm--must not have dug through the conversation choices for Ahonar enough to have reached that one. Sorry, folks--easy solution! Thanks.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #5
I think I once made up some sort of list after fooling around with the editor. I suspect it rests in the gentle waves of oblivion now, though.

--------------------
Mow down the sexy people.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Kreshweed:

I think I once made up some sort of list after fooling around with the editor. I suspect it rests in the gentle waves of oblivion now, though.
There is a list - I have it, but not on this computer. You used to be able to download it form the area of links at the top of the page, but I don't visit often enough to know now...

--Random Fact Number 5 - "Cheese is one of the seven deadly sins of "Nikkidom". So there."

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Warrior
Member # 4971
Profile Homepage #7
You can buy all mage spells, store your mage in fort emergence, turn anama member and restore your character ;)
Posts: 65 | Registered: Wednesday, September 15 2004 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5210
Profile #8
I believe if you pray at the altar with fake rings they fall away... if you really joined the anama I dont have a clue.
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #9
talk to ahonar right now!!! he will feel very very upset when you tell him you want to join Anama, yet he is a forgiving soul. He will let you off.

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #10
All you need to do is to pray at the alter in Shayder you will then get the dread curse talk to Ahonar and get him to remove the dread curse and since your rings are gone you are no longer an Anama member.

(If you want to rejoin the anama afterwards ask Ahonar and he will let you join) :)

--------------------
I hate you all
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Bomber:

All you need to do is to pray at the alter in Shayder you will then get the dread curse talk to Ahonar and get him to remove the dread curse and since your rings are gone you are no longer an Anama member.
No, that's a bad idea, because getting Dread Curse removed drains your experience. It's better to talk to Ahonar directly.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!