Rentar - Crystal Soul?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Rentar - Crystal Soul?
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #0
after posting into the ourobourus-thread (sp?), i came to think about something.
will rentar-ihrno become a crystal soul?
i mean, shes the greatest vahnatai mage of that time and all, but is she great enough?
will the vahnatai despise her actions towards the surface and avernum or will they worship her even more for that?

kinda reminds me of obi-wan kenobi in star wars episode VI.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Since almost her entire clan followed her into war with the Empire, including Crystal Souls, it seems obvious that she's considered acceptable. All the other Crystal Souls we see are Boks, not Ihrnos, but I could see Rentar making the transition.

This wouldn't happen very soon, though. She's not an old hag yet. Plenty of centuries left before she goes blue and stony.

—Alorael, who doesn't think there's any way to become a Crystal Soul if one dies of violence. Spurting blood and/or ichor makes it difficult to perform important rituals.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #2
On the other hand, she might not get to be a Crystal Stone if there are lots of spirits around her corpse. Look at the Za-Khazi Run on BoA...

-- Random Fact Number 7 - "These are NOT a rip-off of Aloraels signiture. They are completely original in every way..."

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Warrior
Member # 1425
Profile #3
sounds like a good idea for a scenario (even if a little predictable).
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #4
IT WAS MY IDEA! YOU HEARD IT!! I SAID IT FIRST!!!

btw: @supanik: its ok, alorael stole my idea first. (i ignore the fact that he is in this board for like, much longer than me in this case) so i guess stealing a stolen idea is np. no offense alorael.

--------------------
For Carnage, Apply Within
Member # 95
Profile #5
"—Alorael, who doesn't think there's any way to become a Crystal Soul if one dies of violence. Spurting blood and/or ichor makes it difficult to perform important rituals."

If I remember correctly (and forgive me if I don't, because it's been a while), the trilogy implies in a few places that the ritual to create a Crystal Soul does not involve the body of the recently deceased, and that it can be performed long enough after the physical death that blood-spurting would have ceased to be a problem anyway. A few years a go I could have given you specific references, but my knowledge of all things Exile is not what it once was.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: More fun than a kick in the shins!
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #6
now that you say it, i start to remember too.
didnt somebody in a2 in the crystal chamber or whatever its called (the place where the crystal souls are "stored") explain that stuff? got no savegame to check it. bugger.

--------------------
For Carnage, Apply Within
Member # 95
Profile #7
I can't remember offhand. But I do remember that all the crystal soul rituals were performed on the same island within the Crystal Shrine, which would seem needlessly inconvenient if they needed the body, and would at least imply that they could afford to wait awhile. Furthermore, given that a number of the crystal souls we meet were warriors in their physical lifetimes, it stands to reason a few must have been pretty badly cut up or had their bodies lost entirely.

But then again, Alorael was hardly being serious. We don't really need to go to great lengths to refute him. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: More fun than a kick in the shins!