Honeycomb map mystery

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Honeycomb map mystery
Apprentice
Member # 1852
Profile #0
Something I've been wondering for quite a while. In A1, on the honeycomb map, in the way bottom right corner, theres what seems to be a completley unreachable passageway. Has anybody ever found a way there? Is there anything interessting there? Or did Jeff just put it there by accident, or to mess with curious players like me?
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #1
Given that there's not a way to it in the Avernum Annotated Maps, I'm guessing it's unreachable. There are a couple of things like that in other games (a room in Erika's Tower (A3) you can't enter, etc.)

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Apprentice
Member # 1852
Profile #2
Yeah, I know, I checked the Annotated Maps also, but I mean, the room in Erikas Tower, Sulfras's treasure area, places like that, they had a purpose. Whys the place im talking about there?
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #3
Maybe a hermit? Or an escape route? Or the site for a Vahnatai structure? Design flaw? A belvedere?
When you play some of the scenarios that came with BoA be ready for more of these. If you haven't done so already.
Hmmm.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #4
Ha, you mean that thing that seems to float in the air? If it is, that is just one of the blocked off surface tunnels from a neighboring outdoor section.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Apprentice
Member # 1852
Profile #5
No, it's not that, something different. Like stupid newbie man pointed out, you can spot it on your map, and on the annotated maps. I would guess that its a design accident, but it's too easy to spot, so I cant help but think that its got some purpose.

[ Wednesday, July 21, 2004 21:20: Message edited by: crowsfein18 ]
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #6
actually that map is definately a mistake and of no use . so there is no need to waste ur time.

--------------------
life is too short to be taken seriously.hmm.but its also the longest thing a person can ever do!
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #7
how do you know that? i think its just there because.. well.. it is there.
there are hundreds of unreachable areas, dead-end-caverns without anything in them etc. throughout all avernum games.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!