A1: Killing Sulfras

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A1: Killing Sulfras
Apprentice
Member # 2262
Profile #0
Has anyone survived killing Sulfras? It was a bit tough killing him (or her--can never keep dragon gender straight), I couldn't attack his guards--when I went to where they were casting spells at me, insteading of being able to attack, I was just blocked. One of them, though, at some point did become a regular stone statue (was that Erika's spy?), which I could attack.

Are the guards (black shades?) attackable if you do something first? Can they be targeted with spells (since there are no area spells in A1)?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
No, Black Shades cannot be targetted with anything but physical attacks. If they're in impassable terrain, I'm afraid you get to experience the dubious joys of feeling many, many spells with no chance of retaliation.

—Alorael, who never succeeded in killing Sulfras. He never tried very hard to off her, either. Call him crazy, but he doesn't like killing dragons. Too much work for a quick reload.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #2
You want to KILL Sulfras?! You evil, evil person! Killing dragons is wrong...unless they attack you first.

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Apprentice
Member # 2262
Profile #3
That's the great thing about dragons--you can always make them attack you first, damn vanity. Actually, I way too over-identify with my characters and feel guilty about killing innocents and never keep a game where I've killed an innocent. But sometimes, its fun to try.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #4
Avernum 3 is better for dragon kiling. If the dragons were human characters i think i would feel less remorse in killing them. Strange...

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Angry Ogre:

Avernum 3 is better for dragon kiling. If the dragons were human characters i think i would feel less remorse in killing them. Strange...
dragons are superior to humans. Killing them is wrong. More wrong than wiping out an entire city full of friendly demons, just for the heck of it.(which, in my book, is one of the worst things one can do). Let's just leave it at that. @________@

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #6
I don't think dragons are so superior creatures: they are way too proud to be really "divine"...and not so powerfull, in fact: four well-equiped adventurers can kill them!
It's natural selection!Human are perhaps more vicious, but they're also more adapted to survive.

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #7
dragons r damn cool.they do deserve all they get, except being killed off. of course they have every right to be arrogant.its jus how they r. like humans...u would be arrogant if u vere one of the last surviving of ur species...after a LOT of time. an they can an many humans r arrogant as well.eg. hawthorne 2?get the point? so actually it depends on how u look at the fact that they r impressive,powerful,wise and all round net. atleast thts how i see it.

--------------------
life is too short to be taken seriously.hmm.but its also the longest thing a person can ever do!
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #8
I would never kill a dragon, if it was possible. I'd probably cast haste and run. It's weird. Here I am feeling no remorse offing Vanarium in Nethergate(they wouldn't give me a mission they give the Romans) and I wouldn't kill a dragon if they attacked me?!!! :confused:

[ Friday, July 09, 2004 04:13: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils