G2 - Gazer Lvl 3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: G2 - Gazer Lvl 3
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Guys, I've just started G2 playing on Zakary's team - and I was wondering if it's possible to learn level 3 in Gazer shaping, and what that would give.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
Playing strictly for Zakary you will not learn level three Gazer. You would need to play for the Takers, or remain unallied until the last minute. You could also join the Takers, gain the skills, and than go join Zakary. Level three Gazer will give you an Eyebeast.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
Huh?

You can learn two levels of Gazer from either the Barzite or the Taker trainers. You can't train more than two levels, no matter how many trainers you consult. But you can eat at least two Gazer canisters, regardless of affiliation; maybe it's actually three. Check the FAQ.

So you can certainly get Create Gazer 3 as a Barzite, and enjoy making Eyebeasts. Most people feel that one or at most two is enough, even if you have the essence for more; use your extra essence on plain ol' Gazers.

[ Monday, May 02, 2005 20:01: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #3
There are two Gazer canisters? Are you sure about that? I remember one, but it's been some time.

--------------------
Nena
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
From the FAQ:
quote:
Create Gazer: Burham (T)- Radiant College, Salgurdar (T)-Benerii-Uss Shaping, Zhass-Uss (Can), Benerii-Uss Entry (Can), Benerii-Uss Shaping (Can).

And that fails to mention the one in the Freakish Spawner's closet in Inner Gazak-Uss. So you could actually hit Create Gazer 6. Alas, that does not let you create a new kind of Eyebeast.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #5
I stand corrected, thank you.

--------------------
Nena
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #6
quote:

and enjoy making Eyebeasts.

Highly overrated. I would rather use my essence on Drayks. 4 drayks + Energize All/Battle Roar = Dead opponent.

Ur-Glaahks are good, too.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #7
Eyebeasts are the SUVs of G2. You get them just to show off the fact that you have more essence than you know what to do with. Gazers, however, are death with a smirk.

Just consider how you react when you encounter a bunch of different rogues together. If one of them is a Gazer, you do everything you can to take it out first, because you know that if you don't, something on your side is probably going to die. No other enemy has that pucker factor.

Drayks are great if you're on an essence budget, but they're so Sucia Island. This year, everyone who can afford them is making Gazers.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #8
quote:

Just consider how you react when you encounter a bunch of different rogues together. If one of them is a Gazer, you do everything you can to take it out first, because you know that if you don't, something on your side is probably going to die.

I think this reasoning is flawed, for several reasons...

1. Rotgroths do the most damage to a single person. I take them out first. You can feel free to kill my creations and hurt me a bit, but if you wipe me out, game over...

2. Eyebeasts on Torment do a lot of damage, but eyebeasts which you make don't do that much damage to a particular target.

3. Eyebeasts cost a hell of a lot of essence. This isn't a problem for your opponent.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
Please note that Mr. of Trinity was praising Gazers, not Eyebeasts.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #10
Yeah, Eyebeasts are only bad if you don't have tons of AP or stun resistance, which I and my creations usually do by the time I meet any. (Having said that, the G3 Eyebeasts have wicked dazing ability, high magic resistance, and a stronger melee attack, so I think they're a bit tougher than in G2. On the other hand, G3 doesn't have anything like the pack of five Eyebeasts that you get in Inner Gazak-Uss. And G3 Gazers have similar upgrades, so they still seem a better bargain than Eyebeasts.)

Gazers always pack a wallop. It's true that Rotghroths hit a bit harder, but they have to get to you first, so you can generally postpone their attacks by stepping around a bit. Gazers just have to see you, so as soon as you see them, you have to kill them.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6037
Profile #11
Eyebeasts are rather superflous, I agree

[ Monday, June 27, 2005 22:32: Message edited by: Merlyn ]

--------------------
I am the Shaper that all the Shapers laugh at and call weak... I'll show them all... I [i]am[/i] weak!!!!!
Warrior
Member # 6368
Profile Homepage #12
well... eyebeasts arent that badm i got 7 and i love em :P

--------------------
MMORPG developed by jagex ltd. Join RuneScape.com today!

hawk kings editor edited by me for geneforge 2
http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000906#00 0000