Shop Consistency

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Shop Consistency
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #0
With my first test scenerio I've made up a medium sized town. Its for a low level party, so im not sure which shops would be available to them. So far I have the following:

Blacksmith (Weapons and/or Armour)
Tavern (Room and possibly Food)

I have room for two more shops, anyone have any suggestions what they should have?

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
Every town should have a place to get food, unless it is heavily dependant on subsistance farming.

What is the character of the town? Is it a big city, a small village? Is there anything special going on in the area? What shops you have depend on the type of town and the environment around it.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #2
The town is a medium sized Merchant town located along an important trade route through the mountains, occupying a verdant valley high in the mountains. It is currently under siege by ogres and the local Empire forces have been forced to abandon their fort to them and fortify the town.

Most of the farms lay unattended and abandoned due to this.

(Im trying a fletcher, misc merchant and alchemist as well as the above, but they still don't feel right).

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
Well, if it's under siege, food should be available but quite expensive. You can have a mage wandering (he's stranded) that can identify items and such. A fletcher is good because people need ways to defend themselves. Everyone can use tools. Lots of farmers means they need shovels and other farming equipment. Prices on this should be low, no farming, no sales.

Well, it's on a trade route. What things are traded? Why not have some stranded merchants trying to peddle their goods to try and hire mercenaries to get out of there. Also, why not have a mercenary for hire to act as an NPC? It's a besiged area, some fortune seekers are bound to show up.

You can also have shops that are out of business that are of non-use to the party such as furniture shops, pet stores, jewelery shops, etc. These things were once useful in the middle of a prosperous trading route, now nobody wants them.

I always said valleys are the most dangerous places in the Empire, next to islands. Why anyone would live in them is beyond me.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #4
Thanks for the ideas *I, a few wondering merchants I could do (since their is a central merchant square). Most of the merceneries I imagined as being already employed in such a time. I already have a Wizard protecting the town, though im not sure he will have time to help adventurers, a refugee priest from a sacked village, thats about the jist of the town.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #5
Try a general store like a hardware store. Mops, brooms, ropes, shovels, torches, lanterns, lockpicks, gloves, boots, shirts, dresses, pants, tea pots, mugs, etc. A mix of useless and useful items for adventurers.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.