Stuck in the Za Khazi Run

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Stuck in the Za Khazi Run
Apprentice
Member # 4891
Profile #0
Hi. I'm struggling on the Za Khazi Run scenario. I've got to the Dragon Khoth and he is demanding treasure that I dont have and I only have 2 days to go until I'm out of time with the wands quest. Do I need to start again? Any hints? Can anyone help?
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #1
You could kill him. Though he might kill you. You might be able to use the Character Editor, but I don't know where you get the special items there.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #2
Okay, how come my posts keep repeating?

[ Tuesday, August 24, 2004 06:01: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

Apprentice
Member # 4891
Profile #3
I've figured it out but run out of time so I'm going to start over. Thanks for the dragon killing advice but he was too tough for my party.
Apprentice
Member # 4824
Profile #4
you can always change your day with the character editor. sometimes you have to use it more than once though.
Warrior
Member # 3339
Profile #5
I've gone through the run twice now and there is still things I havn't covered.
I did quite a bit more the second time though, and I hope to do everything when I go through the third.

--------------------
Returning again after being away for a very long time.

“Define Reality”
Apprentice
Member # 4461
Profile #6
well... I have problems in this place too. Actually I have used the mirror to kill the 2 big monsters and enter the hall with golems... well usually here I die.
I do not understand if is only a fighting problem, or if I'm mission something to pass this hard (and boring) fight against the golems.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
It shouldn't be hard. Haste and bless your fighters heavily; hopefully they can kill off each of the golems in 1 round as they awaken.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 4461
Profile #8
my *big* problem is the 'demon golem'. I think I could win against the other golems, but the demon golem kill me while I'm fighting against the other golems.

and there is a 'bug' too... if I use the mirror to hit the golems with the red 'rays', they have no hurt at all.

f.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #9
My sister had trouble with that too. In the end she casted Control Mind(or whatever that spell is called) on the Efreet and she went in the golem's room in fight mode. Then she used her mage and priest to heal, cast Control Mind on the Efreet as it wore off, and shoot arrows at the golems whether they were asleep or not. She used her fighters to shoot arrows and use melee weapons on the golems at the far end of the hall. The Efreet kept the Demon Golem busy. After the smaller golems are killed, the Demon Golem can't heal itself anymore and is easy to attack. This sometimes takes a few tries to work, but it does eventually.

EDIT: No, only the asleep golem you were attacking becomes hostile. I found that out while I was bored and summoning a bunch of monsters, attacking one, preferably a dragon, and watching the others kill it. Very amusing. :P

[ Friday, August 27, 2004 16:09: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
Doesn't killing the asleep (non-hostile) golems make the town, including Khoth, hostile?

I killed the efreet before going to the golem room, then I heavily blessed and hasted my archer (in BoA, finally, archery is actually *powerful*!). I entered the room, but went as far from the demon golem as possible, and picked off the awakening golems one by one (one becomes hostile each turn, and I killed them before they were able to act).

Once the demon golem can't recharge, he's quite easy to take out with some well placed arrows.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #11
Killing the unawakened golems doesn't cause anyone to become hostile. They seem to be neutral, so you can pick off about half of them before even entering the room. Quite useful.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.