Need Serious Help with VoDT!!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Need Serious Help with VoDT!!!
Apprentice
Member # 2633
Profile #0
I am completely stuck in every way. I have reached the final place where I should be able to stop the goo (at least I think I should be able to) but it says I can't use the controls. I read up on a few threads earlier... I haven't yet been able to open the green portucals, I haven't been able to get anything from the spiders, and I can't even find where the library is, yet alone the golem (but I do have the book). There is apparently 3 keys, I have none of them. I need some serious help- apparently I am missing a lot of things that I need to finish this senario.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #1
There is always the free VOTD walkthrough.

Spoilers (Its been awhile)

1. The Opening Crystal (It will open the green doors when used.)
- The Spiders have it, or I should say used to have it. To get the opening crystal you first need to meet with the Chief Spider. Once that is over you can screw the GIFTS for now, and head off to the Library (Below Administration.) Search around until you find a passage leading to an area of camped Vahnatai. Talk to their leader and ask about the Chief Spider. Once completed, go talk to the Chief Spider again, who will now be able to answer more questions and such. (Before you leave, make sure you pick up the Power Crystal from one of the other Vahnatai.) The Chief Spider gives you a password for their hunting grounds, filled with easially slain Chicharchs. Find some of their eggs and give them to the chief spider. He will tell you where to find the Opening Crystal.

2. Teh Instruction Papers
- Having trouble working the controls? You need these papers first. Remember Pangle, the ******* who lives in the SW area of the valley? He has the papers. Unfortunately he wont talk to you, but this can easially be fixed. Go to the nearby town (forget the name), and ask around about Pangle. Eventually you will run into a worker who is friends with him, and tells you how to get Pangle to talk to you. Go back to Pangle, talk to him, and demand the papers. The ****er will want 500 gold for them, or you can help him a problem for payment. He explains the rest.

3. The Golem in the Library

Drop the book and wait till he goes next to it. He will break apart and drop teh key.

Now you can complete the scenerio.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #2
First of all, there is a tutorial with the DOCUMENTATION.

Second of all, search very thoroughly for secret passages. The key to reach the 2 staircases in the Student's Quarters is in a book on a bookshelf in a locked room in the Southwest corner. The library should be readily accessible from there. The Vahnatai are in a tunnel through the rubble in the Libraries. They'll send you to Chief Spider and give you the Crystal of Power, who will help you get the Opening stone. Make sure you have the Instruction Scrolls before proceeding.

You have to go through the Experiment Halls Southern exit once you have the appropriate key to go through a winding cavern which leads to the Control Center, where you will activate the control panel in the Major Waste Depository. After that, finish up with the MWD and win the scenario.

EDIT: FOUR MINUTES??? I must be typing slower and slower.

[ Thursday, August 19, 2004 21:35: Message edited by: Garrison ]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Warrior
Member # 3339
Profile #3
Remember to use the three laws of Vogal...

1: When you can't find something, it is behind a secret passage.

2: When it isn't behind a secret passage, somebody is still holding it. Talk to everybody.

3: When that still doesn't work, back up your save file and go on a killing rampage untill you feel better and then continue searching with laws 1 and 2.

--------------------
Returning again after being away for a very long time.

“Define Reality”
Apprentice
Member # 2633
Profile #4
Okay... so the stairs to the libraby are in the administrative section? I cannot find the Libraby, which is my main problem at the moment. I'm guessing it is down a secret path in the administrative level?
Apprentice
Member # 2633
Profile #5
I've searched absolutely EVERYWHERE in the administrative, searching for hidden walls, cannot find ANY path leading to a Library from this area. Did you mean something else by below the administrative section? If anyone could show me how to get to the library it would be greatly appreciated, the rest should be easy.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
The easiest way to the Library (with two R's, not two B's) is down the east stairs in the Student Quarters (in the lower half of the school). Work your way through the Student Quarters to the room in the middle of the southern side (the area is called the Dining Hall). In the southeast corner, there will be two sets of stairs. Walk down the east ones. You'll be in the Library.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 2633
Profile #7
Ah, I see what the problem is. To access the Libraby I need the key from the bookshelfs in the locked room (okay) Unfortunately, non of the bookshelfs in the Students Quarters area produce me a key. They produce me an unlock door spell (useless) but no key. I swear I've checked every bookshelf in the game that I can access at least 2 times, would you be able to give me exact directions to it? There seems to be something wrong... sorry about the typo as well.
Apprentice
Member # 2633
Profile #8
To Clarify- I believe it is in the room where it says it rewards 3rd year students, correct? I cannot find the key in that room.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
The key to unlock the door with the silver keyhole (says something like, "This door is locked. There is a silver keyhole, but you have no key that fits.") is in the Provost's office, in the far southwest corner of the Student Quarters. Search the southwest bookshelf.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Warrior
Member # 3339
Profile #10
Yeah, I think it's the absolute most southwest bookshelf too. If it isn't there, check the desk. I thought it was the desk but that could be a different key in a different desk... or maybe even BoE not BoA....
It all kind blends after a while. :P

--------------------
Returning again after being away for a very long time.

“Define Reality”
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
I don't just remember this stuf. I check the scripts. That's how I know that the key needed is special item 9, which is gained in state 25, which is triggered by stepping on the southwestern-most bookshelf.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 2633
Profile #12
That bookshelf.... teaches me the spell unlock doors :( . Don't know why, maybe my copy is glitched? Is there anyway to use the editor to get me the key>?
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #13
Yes, use the give special items command. However make sure you know the number before messing around with it.
Apprentice
Member # 2633
Profile #14
Thanks greatly for the help so far... but I'm unsure where I am supposed to use the Opening Crystal? I have it, but the Green Gates are still up.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #15
Use it near (within six spaces of) the gates that you want to open. They should go away.

EDIT: That is, assuming you have the opening stone, not some crystal.

[ Saturday, August 21, 2004 22:04: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------