HLPM v1.1 released!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: HLPM v1.1 released!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #0
Like the title says. From the version history in the readme:

7/21/04 - v1.1 - Changed the setup completely, so that the Level Raiser, the Shopping Area, and the Arena are separate, and the player can use each of the parts as many times as desired. Changed the way to select levels into a system that is a bit less clunky. (Exact levels are now supported!) Added even more excessive power for god parties (potions). Commented all of the code. Added the Library. No more killing of Arena fans. Added a time lapse to the Healing Rune to regenerate special abilities. Small bug fix involving what level the HLPM reads the party as. Did a beta test!

Hopefully Spiderweb will host it this time, because I'm actually going to try to get them to.

To players: if you want mindless violence, bring in a party and fight a few rounds in the Arena. To designers: now we have an outlet for mindless violence. There is no need to make scenarios that serve only as an outlet for that.

Also to designers: this version of the HLPM uses some fun tricks with code that are finally getting out of the basic level and into something a teensy bit advanced. You can literally copy and paste the numeric input function into a state in your scenario and it should just about work.

I've commented all the code, so you should be able to read what's going on pretty easily, too, so anyone who's new to Avernumscript or wants to see how someone else codes can open up the scripts and read it.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #1
No more outlet for mindless violence? YES! My whole scenerio is a big puzzle solving, thing :)
This will help unclutter the BoA Scen list in the future. Thank you.
Warrior
Member # 4710
Profile #2
Well, I'm obviously picking up a new copy for myself, after all, what better way to massacre all those villianous level 100 dragon lords? :rolleyes: Of course, thanks go to you Kelandon, for putting the whole thing together.

Just a question though, how are you planning to implement the added scenario books to the HLPM? Will you just continue to update it through your site? I was just curious as to the method of implementation.

[ Wednesday, July 21, 2004 17:50: Message edited by: JMAN123 ]

--------------------
Life is short. Use a Mac.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #3
Thank you greatly. I shan't be using it for a while (cheating kills the fun for me) but thanks for the contribution.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by JMAN123:
Just a question though, how are you planning to implement the added scenario books to the HLPM? Will you just continue to update it through your site? I was just curious as to the method of implementation.
Yeah, there'll be a v1.1.1 with new scenario books in the Library at some point. Probably in a month or two, when new scenarios have come out.

And if you make a level 20 party for ZKR using the HLPM (or that sort of thing), that party is pretty legitimate, in my opinion. I did my best not to make anything overpowered. That's kind of what the Library is for, to tell you what setting on the Level Raiser would be appropriate for each scenario.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #5
Mm, Kelandon? I looked through it and have to congratulate you on a job well done - and an ambitious project, with the library.

Have to mention, though, that I thought the scenario was called "The Cave of No Return", not "A Cave of No Return", though...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
Ach, I just checked and saw that you're right. Well, there will be a v1.1.1 to correct this, someday.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #7
Excelent work Kel! And the library was a nice idea too! :)

edit: deleted a comment. Should have waited 'til I exited the scenario. lol :)

[ Thursday, July 22, 2004 01:50: Message edited by: Overwhelming ]

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Apprentice
Member # 4552
Profile #8
Just... thanks a lot! a very good tool for scenario testing; good work!

--------------------
Funny how it all falls away... ;_;
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #9
I really like the scenario. I just said 'What the heck' and made a god party. And I can actually buy more levels of mage and preist spells! :cool:

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #10
*sighs ever-so-gently at the place where SW decided to host the HLPM... who will find it when it's here?*

It's meant as a resource for players and designers both, but whatever. At least it's there somewhere.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #11
I'll tell all my computer-game-playing friends where it is. I really like it, and it would be a shame for people to not find it just because it's not put on one of the more populated places.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #12
Thanks. And of course, I am hosting it independently on my web page (link in sig), which is the most reliable place to find anything by me.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #13
Just went through it with my test party. And im impressed.

Admittedly, thats quite easy, but still.

Very well done.

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"