High lvl scenarios needed

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: High lvl scenarios needed
Apprentice
Member # 4423
Profile #0
I don't know if anybody's noticed, but it seems all the scenarios out (and likely many in the making) are for new or low level parties.

If anybody has some free time, a few high level party scenarios would be wonderful. I can't really make too many demands, seeing as how I haven't finished my high level (but rather pathetic) scenario yet, but thought I'd mention it if somebody doesn't know/care which kind to make...

--------------------
"When your teacher needs a calculator to add up how many you missed more than you need a calculator to take a calc test, that's bad."
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #1
It's almost always best for designers to start with lower level scenarios, because they must first become accustomed to keeping things balanced. All of my early trashed scenario attempts (which number quite a few) are low-level, and I would recommend that most stick to lower level scenarios (or they may start fantasizing about uber-boss-fights and uber-kill-all-items.) Now that I'm a little more confident in my abilities, though, I'll be making higher level scenarios (if any.)

Balance is harder to achieve at high levels, is basically all I'm saying.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Although I am LOVING what I can do with TEH EVOL creature scripts going against higher level parties. One just has to be really careful while designing high level scenarios, because it's easy to fall into the trap to try to use poweful monsters to impress the player rather than interesting combat to engage to player and to try to use over-dramatized dialogue in place of real plot.

If you stick to fundamentals while designing a high level scenario, they can be really good, but it's really tempting to forget about that in favor of "OMG NOW I CN HAV 20 DRGONS IN 1 BIG ROOM WTH 30 UGLIE ZOMBYS LOL."

EDIT: I didn't want to say it, but TGM did it for me.

[ Wednesday, July 21, 2004 09:45: Message edited by: Just call me Kel ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #3
(see Undead Valley)

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Apprentice
Member # 4423
Profile #4
I realize that... actually, it's why I had to trash my first high level party scenario... it was no fun at all. I'm remaking it, but better and much more balanced... too bad it'll take forever.

I'm just hoping for a good one to play that fits in with my kewl party that finished all the pre-made ones.

--------------------
"When your teacher needs a calculator to add up how many you missed more than you need a calculator to take a calc test, that's bad."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #5
My scenerio has some foes in it, and battles, but not much. I am aiming for a 'puzzle' scenerio, so any level will do. And I will use the set monster level to make 6 seperate scenerios each with different level requirments. (Basicly I will copy the scen folder when I am done and the copy will have changes to the monster levels.)
so dont worry.
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #6
..and then, you'll submit them all to SW and get rejected?

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Apprentice
Member # 4423
Profile #7
If he submits them all and they're rejected, that doesn't mean somebody won't play them... email me if that ends up as the case (though I doubt it)

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #8
What I'm trying to say, that instead of making six versions of one gaim and publishing them all would be quite foolish. Why not just do like Kel with his HLPM, and let the user kind of like choose which level of game to enter..?

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
Or better, use the get_level to figure out the party's level and just plop them into the right scenario directly. If all you're using are set_level commands to change the monsters, this could be accomplished with a single SDF and one "if" per town.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by MasterXan:

If he submits them all and they're rejected, that doesn't mean somebody won't play them... email me if that ends up as the case (though I doubt it)
Same here.

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #11
I was JOKING :P
I am not ACTUALLY going to make six verisons of a scenerio! I have ben working on my puzzle scenerio for at least a month and a half, and I still have alot to do. So don't assume I will get rejected.
I assume you people are joking, right? :P

EDIT: I have only ben rejected one time, and it had NOTHING to do with BoA ;) (see if you can guess

EDIT2 :
quote:
Or better, use the get_level to figure out the party's level and just plop them into the right scenario directly. If all you're using are set_level commands to change the monsters, this could be accomplished with a single SDF and one "if" per town.

hmm, I think that might be a good idea. I could increment an SDF by different amounts according to a level range and set the monster levels that way! Well, it wont take long, considering there are few monsters, only one big battle (so far).
I am aiming more of a Puzzle based scenerio. I have at least 5 puzzles for my first world, and I am intending at least 5 - 6 puzzles which take some thought to complete for each world. In other words, dont be so quick to reject.(I wish woman were like that too. :) )

[ Friday, July 23, 2004 16:18: Message edited by: GIFTSare2cudly ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #12
Now that Kelandon has HLPM out, people will probably start making higher level scenarios.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils