Does anyone else notice the lack of scenarios?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Does anyone else notice the lack of scenarios?
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #25
Everyone has ideas that would be worth making into scenarios but even the best ideas are no use if theres no-one willing (or capable as in my case) to make the scenarios. It's all good and well having an idea but it takes alot of hard work, time and skill to turn them into a half decent scenario. Believe me I've tried (and failed).
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #26
It's TEH MANVALEY ADVENTRESU, btw. And I'm currently drawing the dungeon described in the manuals.

Also, I have thought of replacing the suggested monsters (like, goblins and skeletons and kobolds) with something more creative, like ÜBERDRAGONS, TONS OF THEM.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #27
Designing scenarios isn't an easy task. You need 3 things:

- Make a story/plot
- Design the towns/outdoors
- Scripting

For me, the worse part is the second one, no doubt.

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Agent
Member # 445
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Overwhelming:

Designing scenarios isn't an easy task. You need 3 things:

- Make a story/plot
- Design the towns/outdoors
- Scripting

For me, the worse part is the second one, no doubt.

The story, the towns and outdoors are the fun things to do. It's just the scripting, I can't make head nor tale.

I also think it people are bothered enough to convert old scenarios into BoA I think it'd be quite nice to see them. Restructure the talk so on.

--------------------
I'm going to live forever or die trying!
Knights Who Say Ni!

Knights Who Say Ni Online Store!
Posts: 1083 | Registered: Thursday, December 27 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #29
I've restarted my 3-year-old scenario project again. :)

My problem is the scripting as well. And the unhealthy urge to try out everything that's even possible with the editor. I guess doing so doesn't add to the quality of a scenario...

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #30
Scripting is good insomuch as you have ideas to work with. It allows for tasks to be done in a higher order of efficiency that BoE ever did, it just takes an elegant (or awkward but overbearing, in my case) hand to manipulate things to do what you want- practically everything can be done now. You're missing out if you don't have a story that takes advantage of this.

Oh yeah- fighting is also massively more interesting in BoA than BoE, but my next effort will basically burn off the birth goo of tolerating big fights with a blowtorch.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00

Pages