What KIND of scenerios do you like and what do you expect from them?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What KIND of scenerios do you like and what do you expect from them?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #0
Well?
I strongly recomend NOT viewing results until you vote. The reason it still allows you to see without voting is in case you dont want to vote, and just want to see what other people want from scenerios (like me.)
This poll has been moved to another forum.
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #1
Interesting and usefull poll!

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Apprentice
Member # 4656
Profile #2
Turn ons: Challenging combats, nifty and balanced special items, puzzles with logical solutions, colorful characters, engaging dialogue...

Above all else, an interesting storyline is what keeps me coming back. I don't care what it's about, where/when it takes place, or even if it's particularly original, as long as it's interesting.

I can deal with just about any other flaw as long as the last criteria is met. Well, except for nonsensical puzzles, which I have a passionate distaste for.

--------------------
I ain't no ******* son of a *****.
You better think about it, baby.
Warrior
Member # 4631
Profile #3
Feel free to throw rotten produce at me, but I just don't like puzzles at all. I just look at them as something I have to get through in a game to get to the good stuff (interesting plot, combat). I've developed a particular dislike for the laser/mirror puzzles... if I encounter one of those, chances are I'm going back to playing Soul Calibur for a while.

--------------------
"'I saw the duckling hatch and disappear.
Sadly I ask who may have taken it.'"
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #4
WOW. More people like Global Puzzles as of 16 votes. Okay, I need to rethink some of my puzzles for just a second....
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #5
Same as with BoE: As little monsters as possible, as little puzzles as possible, should require no work to complete and contain no tricky or hard to solve puzzles, since I don't like puzzles nor combat. I still haven't figured out why I like playing BoA/BoE, though.

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Shining Lightbulb:

Same as with BoE: As little monsters as possible, as little puzzles as possible, should require no work to complete and contain no tricky or hard to solve puzzles, since I don't like puzzles nor combat. I still haven't figured out why I like playing BoA/BoE, though.
Monsters and Puzzles MAKE a scenario. Why do you play scenariops if you don't like what they have to have?

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #7
Because he's UA.

Anyway, I'd like almost any well-made scenario.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #8
Medium-sized scenarios with much puzzles and intresting combat. Puzzles should be challenging, but they should also be logical and related to the plot. I don't see point in puzzles which you don't need to solve to go trough a scenario. I don't disagree with scenarios that are related to "real" Avernum or its history, as long as they fit in. (If some scenario says that UFOs populated Ermaria, then it's REALLY far out. It would fit to Geneforge, though :) )

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #9
UA would lop off his something with rusty pruning shears and claim he liked it to be contrarian.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Andrea:

UA would lop off his something with rusty pruning shears and claim he liked it to be contrarian.
I have no idea what that means.
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by GIFTSare2hard-to-name:

quote:
Originally written by Andrea:

I have no idea what that means.

I don't think we want to know....... X_x

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #12
Small scenarios can be nice because they are quick and you usually don't get too frustrated.

Large ones every once in a while if you have the time and patience to complete it can be quite satisfying when you complete it, but some are just way too long.

Medium sized scenarios can have an engaging storyline, and can still be finished in a reasonable amount of time. They are my pick.

I like a good mix of interesting combat and fairly challenging logical puzzles that fit into the storyline. Constant hack and slash combat can be boring, so special encounters can always be helpful. Puzzles that make unreasonable assumptions about the player's knowledge, ones that are out of place, or ones without adequate alternatives or clues can ruin the atmosphere and the patience of the player. (Example: Typical Avernum scenario, save town, clueless puzzle in the mayor's bedroom about net worth of baseball cards???)

Most of the time, I find storylines about conflicting inner forces to be more interesting than straight out good vs. evil.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.