New Class specific abilities

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: New Class specific abilities
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #0
Here's an idea (although it has probably been mentioned beffore). Class specific abilities, much like in the Diablo games. One catch, they are _only_ available to classed characters. Custom characters wouldn't be able to get them even with an editor. This might be a way to allow newer skills and abilities to give otherwise overpowered spells, skills, and abilities the balance that they would lack in a custom character. For example, giving a mage an ability which will drain all his MP while active, but makes him the recipient of something akin to the old Divine Warrior spell.
Anywho, it's just an idea. Might be entertaining to see what kinds of things that people come up with. And, of course, if Spidweb likes the idea, and can implement it, that would be pretty cool.

--------------------
The Home of 8-bit Theater!

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #1
An interesting idea, but I don't think it would work. Still, a cool idea. I doubt Jeff would like it. He doesn't seem to like any more restrictions on customization than necessary. What I'd be interested in seeing is more character traits, also possibly the ability to choose 3 traits.

--------------------
Fnord. (Insert your name here) is a capitalist pigdog.
Deus Ex Penguin: God out of the Penguin......Cogito Eggo Sum: I think, waffle I am.
If Voting could change the system, it would be against the law.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
Jeff has stated there will be no hard line classes in Blades of Avernum. He believes in a customizable system.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #3
Ok. Thanks for the info on that though *i.
... it would still be kinda cool though. :P

--------------------
The Home of 8-bit Theater!

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00