Combat Bug

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Combat Bug
Apprentice
Member # 466
Profile #0
Now this may have been mentioned before, but when I use any spell or item to haste myself, and then use the AutoCombat feature, the program still acts as though I had 4 AP. Yes my PC will move, but if I'm surrounded by enemies, the character will make one attack and 2 AP (usually) left over, enough for another attack that is never taken.

Another AutoCombat failure, it ignores and APs "stored" via the wait button. Upon entering AutoCombat, my foes recieve a turn and then I recieve a turn, despite the fact that I have 12 AP's "stored."
Apprentice
Member # 4476
Profile #1
While we're on the subject, when I use autocombat in towns, at least one of my characters is teleported to like the other side of the town... This means that they either get killed because they're now surrounded or that I need to spend loads of time getting my party close enough together to leave combat mode...
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #2
Why the heck are you using AutoCombat against serious opponents, anyway?
Apprentice
Member # 466
Profile #3
Singleton baby. Ah I love him.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
Autocombat is tantamount to suicide. Avernum plays favorites, and it likes monsters far more than it likes your party. Even if autocombat doesn't get you killed, it'll waste all your items and spell points, scatter your party, and barely manage to kill your enemies.

—Alorael, who thinks a spell should inflict autocombat as an impairment. It would have to be extremely high level. It's only a tiny bit less awful than being charmed, and only because charm makes you ineffectively try to kill yourself instead of others.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #5
I've also noticed that when fighting in "town mode" instead of "combat mode," enemies occasionaly can suddenly jump way across the screen in one turn, and sometimes end up on top of other people in my party, or each other, or other places they shouldn't be!

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #6
Yeah, sometimes the monsters move two spaces in some random direction rather than one. For example:

Spider moves one space towards me.
I move one space toward Spider.
Spider suddenly flies two spaces past me and ends up behind me.

Weird, eh?

This is only in Town mode, though.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.