DwtD, question about rebels.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: DwtD, question about rebels.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #0
Hello!!!

You help the rebels and they vanish. Fine. But are they anywhere? I've searched and haven't found them. If they're gone from the game, that sucks. Why bother going through all that trouble to help them only to see them gone? A little more with them would have been nice.

Also, as to the possible endings:

Is there one where it doesn't end with you being chased by the authorities?

If there isn't, then that too sucks.

In fact, generally speaking, is it me or is this the most incomplete of the four adventures that come with the game? I enjoyed it, but if you can't do anything with the rebels, nor can you find a way to dispose of the vampire and prove that the lord was corrupt, then. . . where's the fun in that?

I mean, maybe I'm asking for too much, but if the kernel is sown, then heck let it grow!

I'll stop before I have to change the subject heading for this to "diatribe about DwtD"

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #1
I think the rebels are definitively gone...

I don't think what you can do something about the Lord, except search for the vampire's crystal and kill him (mmh, the Lord, I mean).

But I like this scenario, who, like ASR, show you the corruption of the leaders...But you can't do anything about that.It's sad, but it's life...
I don't know if it's what Jeff want, but it's an interesting situation, who can makes you thinking about real life...

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Probably the best ending you can get is if you kill Vahkohs, get Maynard's reward and just leave. I preferred killing them both, though, even if it does end in you fleeing town in shame.
Apprentice
Member # 4500
Profile Homepage #3
"I think the rebels are definitively gone..."

Not quite. There's a remnant in Seleucia.

Mac
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #4
I'm sorry, Rebels? This is DwtD right? I've played through the scenerio twice and never found them.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #5
Look for a hidden room with a ladder down in the NW lower Seleucia. I think you need someone to tell you about it before, though.. :/

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #6
First, you have to speak with some guy on the upper town, and after,you can find a secret passage on a house on the left of the town, who leads to a part of the sewers.When you're here, you will find the rebels and can take some missions.

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Apprentice
Member # 4500
Profile Homepage #7
*First*, you need to speak with someone in the beginning fort...someone who is anti-Empire...*then* you need to speak with someone in Upper Seleucia. Otherwise, you can't get through the secret entrance to the rebels in the sewer.

Mac
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #8
You get a good ending if you kill Lord Maynard if you do the following beforehand. Find the rebels and notify them that Lord Maynard is using a vampire to kill his subjects. Tell the newspaper man that Lady Pentisle is bitten by a vampire. The empire does not hunt you down then.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 3905
Profile #9
Who do you have to talk to? I've been trying to find a way into that room in vain.

Edit: Nevermind found it. Don't I feel stupid...

[ Sunday, July 04, 2004 05:40: Message edited by: Dyng ]
Warrior
Member # 3905
Profile #10
Is there any way to kill both the vampire and the Lord without failing the mission?

I already killed the lord and set the vampire free, but the ending was so abrupt and unsatisfying (besides, I missed out on some of the sidequests this way), so I reloaded an earlier save and I'm now going after the vampire. But, is there some way of getting the lord too when I'm done with the vampire?