I will host BoA graphics

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I will host BoA graphics
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #25
Email would be better.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 1692
Profile Homepage #26
Excuse me if this is the wrong topic for this, but how do you make graphics? what program do you use? I've got Photoshop 7 and Bryce 5, which I use for graphics in other games.... would any of those work?

--------------------
Warning: Signatures in mirror are closer than they appear.

Ambrosia Software | EVN | Flame Warriors | The EVula Empire | JoeCartoon | HectorCam | MacAddict | Maxim | MH-18
Shock Trooper
Member # 1444
Profile #27
If you have colors, a pencil function and copy+paste functions... It should work, it may be hard, but it should work... I wish I had photo shop on my comp though, Appelworks is abit anoying to use.

[ Tuesday, November 19, 2002 05:04: Message edited by: [the real]Slithzerikai Rogue ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #28
You think so? I've never had any trouble with Apple/Clarisworks. Though not packing much in the bells and whistles department, it's a good, solid program, and beats the pants off MS paint.

--------------------
Fnord. (Insert your name here) is a capitalist pigdog.
Deus Ex Penguin: God out of the Penguin......Cogito Eggo Sum: I think, waffle I am.
If Voting could change the system, it would be against the law.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #29
http://www.personal.psu.edu/staff/b/x/bxb11/boe/BoAGraphics/

That site will show you the specs for BoA graphics.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 1793
Profile Homepage #30
Tahnk you for pointing out that site, THIS site will give you step by step instructions as to how to build good looking terrain walls.

Soon, I will get around to posting doorbuilding, floorbuilding, and manny other kinds of terrain effects.

Blades of Avernum Page.

Click on the link that reads: 'Guide' at the top of page.

[ Saturday, November 16, 2002 14:32: Message edited by: Motekye ]

--------------------
Leave me alone.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #31
Just out of curiosity Motekye, why do you have so many original Spiderweb graphics on your item-site? There were those two square images containing item graphics, and the one on the right was about ½ original, unedited items from Avernum/nethergate.

--------------------
PhoenixNinjas!
Ninja-Moderation!
What we need is Urban Wisdom!
Vote Wise Man!
Warrior
Member # 1793
Profile Homepage #32
Whoa, Whoa, slow down there sir! Those, "Stolen Avernum Graphics" were the product of painstaking hours of playing with Palettes and filters to get the perfect mix.

I suggest you attempt to do the same thing as I did before you dismiss my work as stolen. I've seen many many tilesets out there, and the vast majority of such tilesets were indeed, stolen from various other games.

I've seen only a scant few wallsets or groundsets, ( I wont get into terrain sets, ) that have not been the product of copied Avernum work. I suggest that you see some of my wallsets hosted on Drakefyre's site, as well as my own, before you judge my work as stolen.

Perhaps you'll see, my wallsets, groundsets, terrain objects are of extremely high quality considering I've only been making BoA tiles for a week and two days.

If, however, you do not find my wall building guide of any use whatsoever, I suggest you write your own. Perhaps you should read it.

Wall Building Guide

P.S. I don't see anyone elso thinking of an idea as unique as red armour or a blue cape. ( And I doubt they could make it look that good. )

P.P.S. As for the "Unedited items from Avernum/Nethergate" would you kindly take a closer look, Only the blue armour and the green cape are not my own invention. The tileset on the left, features foods and many other items at 1/2 size that were not made so in the original game, I did so out of neccessity. Perhaps if you looked at some of my other work, you'd see how much effort goes into my tilesets.

[ Monday, November 18, 2002 01:06: Message edited by: Motekye ]

--------------------
Leave me alone.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #33
quote:
Originally posted by Motekye:
P.S. I don't see anyone elso thinking of an idea as unique as red armour or a blue cape. ( And I doubt they could make it look that good. )

P.P.S. As for the "Unedited items from Avernum/Nethergate" would you kindly take a closer look, Only the blue armour and the green cape are not my own invention. The tileset on the left, features foods and many other items at 1/2 size that were not made so in the original game, I did so out of neccessity. Perhaps if you looked at some of my other work, you'd see how much effort goes into my tilesets.

Sorry man, that's not exactly what I meant. I was talking about the fact that you had multiple item graphics taken directly from Avernum and Nethergate (example: Grapes).

I can't claim to have never used any original Spiderweb graphics, but at TM's site (remember: the thing labeled "Cell Phone" is a can of kippered herring) I at least told him that the sling was taken straight from Nethergate, so that's his fault.

--------------------
PhoenixNinjas!
Ninja-Moderation!
Vote Wise Man!
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #34
I suggest we take the aggression down a notch here, people.
Uranium 235/Sodium Cyanide: You obviously injured Motekye's pride by dissing his work. Be more respectful in the way you ask your questions.
Motekye: You reacted in a really snappy manner to what he said, thus escalating the anger going here. Furthermore, custom coloring jobs are not that hard to do. It's a decent achievement to do one well, but it's not as if it's an accomplishment worthy of the Nobel prize.
I'd advocate apologizing to each other, personally.

--------------------
Fnord. (Insert your name here) is a capitalist pigdog.
Deus Ex Penguin: God out of the Penguin......Cogito Eggo Sum: I think, waffle I am.
If Voting could change the system, it would be against the law.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #35
Um, I wasn't trying to dis his work. I was merely wondering why he had that grape graphic on his site.

--------------------
PhoenixNinjas!
Ninja-Moderation!
Vote Wise Man!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #36
Is the grape graphic from Nethergate? I know it's been a while since I've played it, but I don't remember any grapes and the graphic doesn't reappear in any Avernum game.

—Alorael, who doesn't see anything wrong with edited items. The from-scratch terrains are far more impressive, though, and they match the Avernum terrain quite well.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #37
The grapes are in the first cell of G1023.BMP in the Nethergate\Data folder. As far as I know, they were never used in the game.

Also, I have no problem with edited spiderweb graphics. I am particularly fond of my knife graphic on TM's site, which, as you can probably tell, is an edit of the Ceremonial Dagger.
IMAGE(http://www.geocities.com/terrorsmartyr/BladesofAvernum/Knife.gif)

PS: What's with the graphic in the fifth cell of G1025.BMP in Avernum 2? No item in the game uses it, so is it a leftover from Avernum 1?

[ Wednesday, November 20, 2002 17:20: Message edited by: Uranium-235 ]

--------------------
PhoenixNinjas!
Ninja-Moderation!
Vote Wise Man!
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #38
There are tons of items/ terrain and monsters in the data for lots of the Avernums it seems. For instance, theres a monster which look kinda humanoid, but just grey with a black outline (someone edited this a lot and called it Ugly Monster or something). I can't remember that from any of the games (or am I just stupid/forgetful?). Theres also lots of other graphics left over from A1 and 2 in the A3 data (I think the ToM from A2 is in there)

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #39
Poking around with ResEdit (on a Mac, of course) reveals that many Spiderweb games contain relics of the older games' code. In Avernum, there were bits of Nethergate and even E3, I think.

—Alorael, who supposes just copying everything and altering where necessary saves time, but it probably increases the amount of disk space that the games take up. For all his worry about download times, you'd think Jeff would trim his code better.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
(TGM)
Veteran*
Member # 2286
Profile #40
Ahh, nice title Alo..

And you know already I sent you some graphics, Drakye, so I won't tell it.. :P
I'm doing some new stuff, however, be afraid, I might send it soon..

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]

Pages