I hate...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I hate...
Warrior
Member # 4583
Profile Homepage #0
The way your character does nothing when he's casting spells. The monsters move when casting and Spiderweb didn't bother to add that for the important PCs. Does anyone know how to change anything related to that?

--------------------
"Fall in CHAOS!!!" Dark Archon.
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #1
I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

In combat mode you can move your spellcasters until they have 1 AP left and then cast a spell - giving the opportunity to move and cast in one turn. You just can't do it the other way around (ie cast a spell and then move in the same turn) unless you've got sufficient extra AP.

BTW, I wouldn't say your character 'does nothing' when casting spells. Clearly the spells are doing something, or you wouldn't bother casting them.

[ Sunday, June 20, 2004 18:29: Message edited by: Kyna ]

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #2
hehe, I like how when you attack with a sword or halberd your pc looks like it's attacking someone with a baseball bat, too!

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw
Warrior
Member # 4583
Profile Homepage #3
Ok I need to explain it a bit more. Cfguass is close to what I'm saying. Notice your character stands still, when usually spellcasters should raise or move their hand to cast spells, that's what I'm getting at.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #4
They do PSI in Ermarian!

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
Actually seeing the complex rituals behind spellcasting would cause your brain to explode. Or it would cause Jeff's patience to explode. Either way, it would be a bad thing.

—Alorael, who is satisfied enough with the animated spell effects. If you want fancy moving pictures, play a game with a larger graphics budget.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4583
Profile Homepage #6
Then don't animate the monsters. They move when casting and the important characters don't.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #7
I have an idea just for your needs here, whoeveryouwereagain! Delete all the graphic files from your data folders, that way you wouldn't have to whine anymore!

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Warrior
Member # 4583
Profile Homepage #8
Geez, calm down.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4357
Profile #9
If you want a game with flashy-ass graphics, go play Everquest. This is Spiderweb - a company of what? 6 employees? Jeff doesn't have a giant corporation or a huge team of programmers backing him up.

The focus of these games is not graphics, it's gameplay. THAT'S WHY YOU PLAY GAMES. Who cares how cool a game looks if it's not any fun?

Also, Spiderweb Software provides enormous, fully-functional demos of all of their games for FREE. It's the best marketing tool they have. They know that their games are so good, that if you try a demo, you'll want to buy it.

All in all, quit *****ing about minor crap, when these games are bastions of hope amid a dark sea of stupid, poorly-designed, over-hyped games.

--------------------
Drunken Music from The Sober Irishman

***I beta-tested Blades of Avernum and you didn't***
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #10
Yo guys, seriously, calm down. And I believe Spidweb consists of 3 people...that or they didn't update their "About Spidweb" page.

--------------------
♫ The truth is screaming BIG ♫
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

§ realitycorp@gmail.com §

►► Chance is back online! ◄◄