Well, it's out.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Well, it's out.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #0
My scenario is finally complete. It's up on the Spiderweb archive, so now I can cease feeling guilty about leaving my work undone. Enjoy!

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #1
well done, another scenero for me to play.
not bad story line & i love the two undead playing chess :)

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #2
Hm.

Insert standard complaint about the dungeon - namely, it was too annoying, especially with that drop on the first floor, if you had to leave to heal and/or regain SP.

Uh, running out of time after breaking the crystal doesn't actually kill you. It throws an error and then refuses to let you leave. Oops?

That's about it as far as my comments go.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Oh to have Internet on my computer back!

If that dungeon is as Eldiran described when he replied to my beta report and he added a few energy potions, then I think I will like it a great deal. I found it slightly annoying during the beta run-through, I and pulled out every trick I had to regenerate spell points, but if there are a few more energy potions, it should be fine as far as I'm concerned.

Yet another thing to do when I get Internet on Monday: play this scenario again.

Yay for a third scenario! People were getting kind of antsy.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Imban:

Insert standard complaint about the dungeon - namely, it was too annoying, especially with that drop on the first floor, if you had to leave to heal and/or regain SP.
There is a way to exit the dungeon. When you hop down from the cliff, if you keep following the path past the stairs downward you'll reach a point where you can go through secret walls to reach the first room.

quote:

Uh, running out of time after breaking the crystal doesn't actually kill you. It throws an error and then refuses to let you leave. Oops?
D'oh! I guess I better fix this one.

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #5
I know you could leave, but you had to backtrack through two really long floors. (if you ran out of SP where I did, which was right before the third floor)

Also, taking damage from the drop every time you re-entered the dungeon was mildly annoying, but oh well.

The lack of unique treasure was disappointing, but tolerable. A mage selling priest spells came across as odd, though.

[ Saturday, June 19, 2004 07:47: Message edited by: Imban ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #6
quote:

A mage selling priest spells came across as odd, though.
I would be really surprised if the whole thing didn't come across as odd. If it didn't, then I've failed my mission.

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #7
Yeah, but quite a few of the oddities came across as much more of "ah, why the hell" than funny.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #8
:) Thanks for this immense dungeon. It's at least a longer scenario than the first two. I liked the chess players too and the Vahnatai deserter with his bored Crystal Soul. Most of the NPCs are interesting characters, the Smith, Balu, lol. The graveyards puzzle was too tricky - I had to look into the scripts to solve it.
:confused: But now I stuck definitely. When I wanted to escape after destroying the crystal, there is a text window: "the wall crashs down ,,," and something about a horrible death. I don't die but get a message: "t8undercave error wrong number/type of parameters line 55". What's wrong? How can I escape from this cave?

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #9
To answer spy.there, Imban had the same prob. So did everyone else if they didn't make it out in time:
quote:
I looked at the gravestones for a while and then I remembered what I had to do. It took me about 30x to get it right even though I had recorded the "ritual" but a good puzzle anyways...and spooky at that.

--------------------
♫ The truth is screaming BIG ♫
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

§ realitycorp@gmail.com §

►► Chance is back online! ◄◄
Warrior
Member # 57
Profile #10
Spiderweb archive is down at the moment and cannot download this new scenario

Can anybody give me a direct weblink that works to it please
Apprentice
Member # 1555
Profile Homepage #11
I can't but have you tried searching for it on google?

--------------------
I'm like a walkin, talkin, ouija board. Speakin in tongues, I've never spoke this speech before Hhem-delle-la, ennich-me-noughh-mi-niche-mick-norr
Warrior
Member # 57
Profile #12
Thanks I've got it to work now and now downloading the new scenario
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #13
I solved the error with the running out of time thing, and I'm currently trying to send the fixed script to Spiderweb without screwing up the attachment somehow. My latest attempt may succeed, but we'll see.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4432
Profile #14
Eldiran, that is one nice little scenario. Great job with the dialogue in town, especially.

At the end, though, it would have been nice to be able to go back to town and clear out the inventory -- get some things identified/sold and such. Also I gathered all those potion ingredients but didn't go back to deliver them before I went into the Cave. Then I got so wrapped up in the cave I didn't want to trudge all the way back to town. Then at the end everything went poof.

And now the potion will never get made.

Sigh.

--------------------
He's the man
Whose name you'd love to touch,
But you musn't touuuuuuch...
Apprentice
Member # 1555
Profile Homepage #15
Yea i did the same, is the reward very good for completing that quest or is it just funny?

--------------------
I'm like a walkin, talkin, ouija board. Speakin in tongues, I've never spoke this speech before Hhem-delle-la, ennich-me-noughh-mi-niche-mick-norr
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #16
It's a potion that gives the drinker +4 skill points. Worth getting, even if fighting those spiders was ridiculous.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #17
Eldiran

Thankx for the scenario. Very cool. I enjoyed the fact that we had a few more dungeons/cities to explore.

I had the same problem with the error message that spy.there had.

The way I escaped the cave was by going into fighting mode and just walking. Once the first character reached the flagged square, I was out.

I agree that it would've been nice to return to town. I never got my reward for the ingredients and exploration of the cave since I thought I'd get everything in the end.

But, I reiterate what I mentioned above, very entertaining scenario. Thanks!

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Apprentice
Member # 4361
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by Eldiran:

My scenario is finally complete. It's up on the Spiderweb archive, so now I can cease feeling guilty about leaving my work undone. Enjoy!
Where is this "spiderweb archive"???

--------------------
------------------
So far,so good...SO WHAT?!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #19
LOOK FOR YOURSELF NEXT TIME