An interesting bug

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: An interesting bug
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #0
It seems that if you forcecage some one and then leave combat mode, they can follow you around and attack you still, but are immune to your attacks. Also, it seems forcecage stops you from damaging the forcecaged person with the exception of casting wall of blades on some one next to them.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #1
The second one is actually supposed to happen. If you could just render your enemies completely useless but still hurt them, the game would be too easy and the spell would be unbalanced. (Cloud of Blades is probably just a bug.) Forcecage, still, is a very powerful and helpful spell. I'm not quite sure about the first one.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #2
My second point was the Wall of Blades bug, not the fact that forcecage makes enemies immune to attack. I should have phrased it differently. I think we should make a list of bugs for Jeff to fix in the next update.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
The Cloud of Blades thing was in Avernum 3 as well. I think you may as well consider it a feature by now.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 4564
Profile #4
Yeah, I wouldn't concider it a bug.. I mean. Sure, your trapped by a cube of energy, But flying swords in the same space, Yeah.. That'd still hurt..
I think the principle of Forcecage is that nothing can get in or out, but something created in the same space will still take effect.

--------------------
Right!
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #5
The main issue here is not cloud of blades, but rather the fact that forcecaged people should not be able to move or attack, but in town mode they can.

--------------------