mines... arg!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: mines... arg!
Apprentice
Member # 4510
Profile #0
is there a way i can disarm them or sneak past them or something? some of these mines are making my life... NOT GOOD!

--------------------
"From now on, our lives will revolve around OVERWHELMING WORD!" -Pokèmon Saphire, Dewford Town Trend Maniac
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #1
If your tools skill is moderately high, you should be able to disarm them with no problem. Just step next to one and look at it.

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by SupertoneD:

is there a way i can disarm them or sneak past them or something? some of these mines are making my life... NOT GOOD!
Using either tool skill or invul potion should work. However, be warned, tool skill doesn't always work, so you may want to save before dis-arming mines.

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
You can also enter combat mode and send a single hasted character close enough to set the mine off. With careful use of the wait command, you can manage to get the character back out of range before the thing explodes.

—Alorael, who spent quite a lot of time doing just that. Even with mines you can't disarm, one character is easier to heal than many.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #4
Mines you can disarm (the red and green ones) are easily deactivated using tool use. After just one scenario (VoDT) my second character had a tool use of 16, without cheating, which made mines no problem.

The GF style mines with the moving attennae only harm people in line of sight. So, haste, bless and cast enduring shield on someone, and move the rest of you party out of the way. Set the blessed/hasted character as the active character and move him up to the mine, and viola!

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 03:54: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #5
GF style mines? I don't recall any of those. Where/what are they, how do they work, and what do they look like?

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #6
You know, they look like garlic, and explode when you're near them...In Vodt, in the commander office, in the first fort, there is a locked door.If you open it, and try to steal his stuff in his room, you're gonna find a "GF style" mine, and a window with a tips open, saying that you can't disarm this kind of mine!

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic