What graphics you want?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What graphics you want?
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #0
Since I havent been able to come up with anything lately to make a BoA graphic for, I was wonder if anyone has any suggestions of what they would like to have for their future Scenerios.

Everyone of course is free to make a graphic if they see a suggestion they like and think they can make. :)

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
More priest, wizard, and fighter graphics.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #2
Yeah. Custom PC graphics would be good, there aren't many of those yet. More humanoids in general, there's alot of untapped potential there (I'd say a good 50% or so of BoE graphics were human or humanoid).

--------------------
Fnord. (Insert your name here) is a capitalist pigdog.
Deus Ex Penguin: God out of the Penguin......Cogito Eggo Sum: I think, waffle I am.
If Voting could change the system, it would be against the law.
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #3
I'll make a PC graphic.

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

MSN: bleusoulilcercatore@hotmail.com
AIM: Byzantine Jones
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #5
I made a samurai-ish PC graphic. He commits seppuku in the death animation (well-sort of: It's hard to animate disembowelment in graphics this small). I was going to give him a naginata for a pole weapon, but the ninja already had one, so I just used a daikatana instead. Overall it's not that great, not as good as that samurai BoE graphic that seems to be pretty much omnipresent on the Lyceum review site.

--------------------
Deus Ex Penguin: God out of the Penguin......Cogito Eggo Sum: I think, waffle I am.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #6
I have made a few PC graphics, the latest of which is a punk for my scenario "Urban Chaos" that I plan to make once BoA comes out. Anyone who wants to host it on their site just let me know.

--------------------
PhoenixNinjas!
Ninja-Moderation!
What we need is Urban Wisdom!
Vote Wise Man!
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #7
I think there is a lot of potential in customizing BoA graphics, but one thing I think would be a decent idea would to maybe try to give some creatures specific custom graphics that had them in Exile III, but were just given run of the mill, ununique graphics in the Avernum III counterpart such as Empress Prazac who just looked like the run of the mill official, the Empire Archer, the Augmented [Mutated in ExileIII] giant, and so forth.

--------------------
Razordisk Frisbee Golf
Warrior
Member # 1793
Profile Homepage #9
Although most of the costom BoE/BoA graphics are good, it would probably quench a lot of thirsty Avernum fans just to take existing graphics and change the colours.

--------------------
Leave me alone.
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #10
Is it just me, or is making human, or humanoid graphics a lot harder than making monsters (the kind with tentacles and stuff). I never seem to be able to get proportions right, among other things (like faces)

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote
Shock Trooper
Member # 1133
Profile #11
quote:
Originally posted by Uranium-235:
I have made a few PC graphics, the latest of which is a punk for my scenario "Urban Chaos" that I plan to make once BoA comes out. Anyone who wants to host it on their site just let me know.
'Urban Chaos' sounds good. Is it about anarchy? Then I'm surely gonna play it someday...

--------------------
Soy un perdedor... I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
----------------------------------
"We're more popular now than Jesus, I don't know which will disappear first, Rock'n'Roll or Christianity."
It's Christianity!
----------------------------------
There was some time I called myself manic derpressive. Well, I wasn't. I just didn't know what 'Manic' meant.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #12
quote:
Originally posted by The strange-feeling dark Wyrm:
'Urban Chaos' sounds good. Is it about anarchy? Then I'm surely gonna play it someday...

You'll play as a bunch of thugs hired by some law enforcement agency to clean up a land that has fell into anarchy. Perhaps you have seen some of my "modern" item graphics on TM's site, these are for Urban Chaos.

--------------------
PhoenixNinjas!
Ninja-Moderation!
What we need is Urban Wisdom!
Vote Wise Man!
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #13
Yeah. Realistic looking humanoid graphics are hard to do. You have no idea how much trouble it took me to get one of the pictures of a humanoid I've been working on to look like it's sitting with its legs crossed. The modern item graphics look really good (though I may have said that already on the graphics archive page), and I may use them in a scenario I'm planning.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #14
How about a huge golden, three-headed, 3x3 tiles dragon? :D

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #15
I'm pretty sure that 1x2 or 1x3 is as big as you can get.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #16
The largest size you can make is 1x2, as far as I've heard. You could conceivably make a a 2x2 or even 3x2 monster, but it would be difficult to make, probably not worth it in terms of results, and a nightmare to program in as an actual monster.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 1793
Profile Homepage #17
Building vertically large monsters doesn't seem to look as hard as horizontally large monsters. You should probably keep that in mind.

As for me, I'm Building a three tile tall statue as well as some terrains.

--------------------
Leave me alone.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #18
Hmm. A three tile tall terrain would probably work (after all, there seem to be several terrains more than 2 tiles high). A three tile monster wouldn't work because the highest tile would count as a seperate entity, and would be considered blocked to PC movement, which doesn't make much sense. Also, the third tile would actually appear to be below the second. You could make some sort of monster with four 'quadrants' which were each 1x2 graphics, thus making it a 2x2x2 monster, but this would most likely be hard to use in the game itself.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #19
http://www.personal.psu.edu/staff/b/x/bxb11/boe/BoAGraphics/

Click on PC graphics at the left.

--------------------
====
====