NEWBIE HELP PLACE

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: NEWBIE HELP PLACE
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Could any good players of BoA please provide hints and such for newbies, since I've seen quite a few different topics for that and I think it will be easier for them to just come to this page. I mean, if I didn't have a level 40 party I would be annoyed by all the little things, wouldn't I? When you post your messagew please QUOTE this one, and also copy the message before you. THANKS!

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by Micael 456:

Could any good players of BoA please provide hints and such for newbies, since I've seen quite a few different topics for that and I think it will be easier for them to just come to this page. I mean, if I didn't have a level 40 party I would be annoyed by all the little things, wouldn't I? When you post your messagew please QUOTE this one, and also copy the message before you. THANKS!
Let the NEWBIE site begin... And I hope this helps newbies. If you have any questions you can email me at Micael456@aol.com, and I will try to answer your questions...

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #2
You're new here Micael, so you may not realise there are some 'unwritten' rules here.

People here don't like double posts (that is 2 consecutive posts in a thread). It's better to edit the first post than it is to make 2 posts in a row.

While we're on the subject, another thing people don't like is reviving dead topics. I've seen you reviving topics that are over a week old - as a rule of thumb consider any topic that nobody's posted in for 3 or 4 days to be 'dead'.

This post is intended as friendly advice :)

Kyna

EDIT: To be on topic ... the whole forum is a 'newbie help place'. To put it all in one thread would mean a hugely spammy topic. The board has a search feature for people to find the info they're looking for, or (as I did when I started playing Spiderweb games) newbies can look at posts that are older than the default 5 days. Not to mention the documentation that comes with the download, which provides a walkthrough for VoDT.

[ Friday, June 11, 2004 03:37: Message edited by: Kyna ]

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #3
Thanks :rolleyes: for that. I am new to the forum, but it seemed a lot simpler to just have all of the info on one page, because I've seen an awful lot of things that say the same. What's the point of that?

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #4
The point is that some people are too lazy to search or use the wrong keywords when searching for it and instead just ask.