Babysitting - am I missing something?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Babysitting - am I missing something?
Shock Trooper
Member # 52
Profile Homepage #0
Can someone please advise on a strategy to win the battle that teleports you in?

This is clearly a very unbalanced battle for a beginner-level party. Even cheating in Invulnerability potions does not help. It is boringly, stupidly difficult.

Apologies if I am missing something, but if not, I will not be able to award this scenario a decent mark as I effectively cannot get past this battle.

--------------------
Behind, the sea of time and space roars and follows swiftly
Apprentice
Member # 4494
Profile #1
Targeting the big baddie (with the unpronoucible/unspellable name starting with K), and using the wands you can get in the scenario were definitely helpful!...

Having completed that battle, and found that ungrateful brat Lord Ashton--I still can't find my darn sister! Can anyone help?...

--------------------
--If you lived here, you'd be home by now--
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #2
She's behind another locked door. Look around with the seeing device.

[ Wednesday, June 09, 2004 07:56: Message edited by: Grey-Eyed Stranger ]

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #3
Strategies for big battle:

Bless and haste before you go in, enter in combat mode.
Polymorph the spellcasters (except Kjellka, he's immune). Translocate a fighter up onto the platform, or if you have a lot of fighters, translocate a mage with Kjellka to get him down. Focus on killing him. If the character with the wand of life drain gets hurt a lot, use it. The spells Ice Lances and Enduring Barrier help a lot, if you have them.

To find your sister, use the seeing pool to find out which cell she's in. You can move the view by clicking on the directions at the edge of the screen.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
As a general rule, I find that BoA battles work best when you fight them fast. In this battle in particular, if after 2 rounds you're not mopping up the last remnants of your opponents, you should rethink your strategy and maybe even your party design.

Hasting your party, having all your party members Wait (to use up your opponents' turns), and going in in combat mode (effectively giving you a free turn) is just common sense, of course.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #5
If you have an archer, you can always shoot down Kjellka really fast. Once there are only the archers left, you're much safer.
Shock Trooper
Member # 52
Profile Homepage #6
I have tried blessing and hasting before I go in. The second I am teleported - ALL MY ENHANCEMENT SPELLS DISAPPEAR.

--------------------
Behind, the sea of time and space roars and follows swiftly
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Istara:

I have tried blessing and hasting before I go in. The second I am teleported - ALL MY ENHANCEMENT SPELLS DISAPPEAR.
It all depends on what sort of group you have. You can easily beat them without wands or any spell things if you have a decent archer, a decent mage, and two decent priests to heal the others. The way you should do it is to use the archers to knock out the other mages, ignore the fighters till last. Use the mage to haste your archers, and then target the BIG EVIL spellcaster. Once he is killed you can kill the others with ease...

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Huh. That didn't happen to me. Hasting beforehand still helps, since you'll want absolutely as many AP in the first round as you can get, even if it's no help in the second round. Unless your version of the scenario forcibly takes you out of combat mode too, in which case, ouch.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!