Tallied BoA Wishlist

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Tallied BoA Wishlist
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #0
Major vote-getters:

* Relaxing of town limit, nodes/chain, items, monsters, terrain limitations

* Monster Attitude Idea

* Spell Editor (ability to create/edit damage types, damage range, spell cost, etc.)

* Skill Editor; allowing the designer to tweak aspects of a skill (what abilities [+ hit%, +HP, etc] skill contributes to, cost, etc.) along with creating custom skills.

* Individualized races (you still get three of them, but you can edit race names, advantages, and graphics); this will allow designers to create individualized universes for their scenarios.

* Custom graphics tool for easy insertion into a sheet.

* Ability to make monsters vulnerable\resistant\immune to damage types, including different types of weapon damage (edged, pole, missile, etc.).

* If the skill set really is made completely customizable, a party might have a "world flag" that would indicate a "world" for which this party was created. So people would be able to make series of scenarios with the same skills, races, etc. In fact, that would imply having a separate "world definitions" file that would contain this information.

Also suggested:

* Variable math

* Ability to output a variable's value

* Check all stats

* Link standard item use to special coding.

* A command to change the lighting in a town (Everything goes black!).

* Ability to link out to a picture or animated GIF
==================
Which of the top list can we possibly eliminate? Are there any of the bottom that we need to add?

[ Monday, September 23, 2002 01:20: Message edited by: Drakefyre ]

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 461
Profile #1
I think all of the top set should stay. And I would really like all the bottom ones too, except maybe for linking standard item use to special coding. Another really nice feature would be monster spell priorities. This would allow you to choose which spells are favorites of certain monsters. By doing this, you could have an even bigger variety of monsters: healers, summoners, hasters/blessers...

[ Monday, September 23, 2002 06:32: Message edited by: jwj442 ]

--------------------
"If you held a weapon to Fwiffo's head, he would say anything you wanted him to. In fact, if you held a vegetable to Fwiffo's head, he'd say whatever you wanted him to." - Spathi high council, Star Control 2.
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #2
Sounds like a good list, not sure how implementable they all are, but theyre worth saying.

I really hope this doesnt turn into another wish list ideas thread.

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #3
I would like it if there was no desparity between PC and Mac graphics sheets- that is, they aren't different colors, and are in the same gamma.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 838
Profile #4
I'd like to be able to specify what my monster throws AND how much damage it does without chosing from a list, and also nulling my option of other special powers. They should be checkboxes not radio boxes :) .

--------------------
Mouse
Shock Trooper
Member # 461
Profile #5
I cast a vote for both the ideas of both mouse and Buddy. Monster creation definitely needs more flexibility. A few suggestions:
-You should be able to select what the monsters carry and how likely they are to carry certain items (eg, you could make it so that 40% of the monsters will carry iron weapons and the rest carry steel weapons.
-Also, it would be nice if you could set negative resistances to make monsters more vulnerable to certain attacks (eg, -20% fire resistance means they'll take 20% more fire damage.)
-Also, why not add usable special items like in Exile? Maps, orb of thralni, the thingy that returns you to fort emergence, etc. would all be special items. I hate having to lug them around like normal items.
-One last thing: you should be able to "lock" an item so that you can't sell it by accident unless you unlock it.

--------------------
"If you held a weapon to Fwiffo's head, he would say anything you wanted him to. In fact, if you held a vegetable to Fwiffo's head, he'd say whatever you wanted him to." - Spathi high council, Star Control 2.
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #6
Please, that's enough. Some of your ideas there are already in the list Drakey posted, and others aren't really necessary. I would like a lot of other things too, but the idea is to give Jeff a compact list of the things we want most, so there is a good chance that everything on it actually happens.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
This is not a suggestion topic.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Shock Trooper
Member # 461
Profile #8
Oh, okay. So this topic is purely to vote. Well, on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being I really want it, 1 means I don't really care if it's included)...

* Relaxing of town limit, nodes/chain, items, monsters, terrain limitations - 5

* Monster Attitude Idea - 5

* Spell Editor (ability to create/edit damage types, damage range, spell cost, etc.) - 5

* Skill Editor; allowing the designer to tweak aspects of a skill (what abilities [+ hit%, +HP, etc] skill contributes to, cost, etc.) along with creating custom skills. - 5

* Individualized races (you still get three of them, but you can edit race names, advantages, and graphics); this will allow designers to create individualized universes for their scenarios. - 4

* Custom graphics tool for easy insertion into a sheet. - 5

* Ability to make monsters vulnerable\resistant\immune to damage types, including different types of weapon damage (edged, pole, missile, etc.). - 5

* If the skill set really is made completely customizable, a party might have a "world flag" that would indicate a "world" for which this party was created. So people would be able to make series of scenarios with the same skills, races, etc. In fact, that would imply having a separate "world definitions" file that would contain this information. - 4

Also suggested:

* Variable math - 5

* Ability to output a variable's value - 5

* Check all stats - 1

* Link standard item use to special coding. - 3.5

* A command to change the lighting in a town (Everything goes black!). - 3.5

* Ability to link out to a picture or animated GIF

--------------------
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #9
I vote to submit this to Jeff now, as is, and see what reaction you get. If he encourages more, then continue. If he says, thanks but the feature set is set, then this is all a waste of time.

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #10
*sent*

--------------------
====
====
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #11
Good on ya, mate.

--------------------
DONOR Fat Freddys Drop
Shirow Miwa
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #12
It appears as though Jeff has a response to this list under "news" on the mainpage. As expected, some things will be added, some won't.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #13
There is also a discussion/argument about this on the BoE forum.

[ Friday, September 27, 2002 00:32: Message edited by: Drakefyre ]

--------------------
====
====