Scenario compatibility

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Scenario compatibility
Apprentice
Member # 1227
Profile #0
Will scenarios that people create for the Mac version be convertible somehow to be used for the PC version, and vice versa? I'd hate to see adventure development split between two different "camps" of designers for separate versions.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
It will work much the same as BoE... scenarios will work on both platforms.

As of right now, the point is moot, but when Windows BoA comes out, yes, scenarios will be cross-platform.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 1227
Profile #2
Thanks for the reply. I didn't play BoE very much, and I didn't even have a Mac at the time, but now that I have a Mac and a PC, I'm trying to decide which platform I'd rather buy the game for. Knowing that the scenarios will work both ways will probably tip me towards getting it now rather than waiting.
Warrior
Member # 250
Profile #3
Be ware of one thing I've had problems with with a mac with blades of exile. When designers on the pc side release their scenarios they tend to only have the custom graphic files for the pc. This is not a problem if you download from spiderweb softwares list as the graphic files are converted so they are there for both platforms. But from other sites sometimes I'll download a scenario with only a pc graphic file and I'll spend 10 to 15 minutes trying to remember how to convert a pc graphic file to a mac one.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #4
The difference is that converting a PC graphics file into a Mac graphics file on a Mac is possible, while converting a Mac graphics file into a PC graphics file on a PC is impossible, so I'd have to get someone like TM to do it for me.

Always bundle your scenarios with the graphics file in a PC-readable format, or you'll seriously piss a lot of people off.
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Peregrine:

I'm trying to decide which platform I'd rather buy the game for. Knowing that the scenarios will work both ways will probably tip me towards getting it now rather than waiting.
When I asked Jeff about this he said that when you order the game you will get it in BOTH platforms, windows and Mac. So I assume that if you buy the game now that when the windows version is available you will recieve a registration code for that version as well if you allready registered the Mac version.